What should be the RAM frequency used with an Asus A320M-K motherboard and a Ryzen 3 2200g processor.

Jul 16, 2018
What should be the RAM frequency used with an Asus A320M-K motherboard and a Ryzen 3 2200g processor for an efficient and smooth performance?

Hi,
I am building my first AMD cpu. I dont use for gaming but use heavy softwares like photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, office,matlab and so on. I do mostly multi tasking. I have finalised on Ryzen 3 2200g processor and ASUS A320Mk motherboard. I dont want to overclock the processor and want to used it at stock speed. I am unable to finalize the RAM frequency which i should select for the above processor motherboard combination which will give efficient and smooth performance. Some say 2400 Mhz RAM rams when used cannot utilise the processor capability to its fullest (stock rating) and reduces its performance by 33% and hence to use minimum 3000 Mhz and above. Some say 3000 Mhz may not work properly on this basic motherboard. I am totally in a dead lock state. Please suggest a good ram and its frequency for my requirement. Also should i use 1x8GB or 2x4GB RAMS. Thanks in advance.

Jul 16, 2018

If iam not overclocking will 3000 Mhz ram will run at its frequency? Some people are saying RAM running at less frequency than mentioned specs of RAM. Means should i overclock the RAM? I am not having any extra coolers or fans apart from the one given by RYZEN for its processor. I see 4gb rams mostly at 2400 Mhz. Iam from india. Can i go with 1x8GB 3000 Mhz. so what to do. Thanks..