[SOLVED] What should I add to my new/first PC build next?

Vinny95

Prominent
Apr 28, 2020
So, everything is running smoothly on my first build which I built on a budget. I've got some extra $$ that I want to put into it and just need some advice/ideas on what would be the best part to upgrade first. Should I go for the 3600X CPU and/or a better GPU? Maybe more ram (getting more ram is a when not an if for me - I'll be getting up to 32GB at some point)?

Here is the spec: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/vinnym/builds/

• MSI B450 Tomahawk Max MOBO
  • Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6 Core CPU
  • MSI Twin Frozr GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB DDR4-3200
  • Cooler Master ML240R RGB
  • Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD
  • Corsair CV 650 W 80+ Bronze

Let me know what you think should be next! :D Thanks in advance

Solution
What are you looking at? I'm a huge fan of dual monitors, if you have extra cash maybe upgrade the main monitor to a 1080/144Hz and keep the original on the side. Dual is far easier for gaming when you need to follow directions, keep discord open, watch YouTube or look at maps.
So, everything is running smoothly on my first build which I built on a budget. I've got some extra $$ that I want to put into it and just need some advice/ideas on what would be the best part to upgrade first. Should I go for the 3600X CPU and/or a better GPU? Maybe more ram (getting more ram is a when not an if for me - I'll be getting up to 32GB at some point)?

• Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD
CPU upgrade won’t net you much. What’s the upgrade budget and what’s it used for?

Vinny95

Prominent
Apr 28, 2020

• Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What are you looking at? I'm a huge fan of dual monitors, if you have extra cash maybe upgrade the main monitor to a 1080/144Hz and keep the original on the side. Dual is far easier for gaming when you need to follow directions, keep discord open, watch YouTube or look at maps.

Solution

Vinny95

Prominent
Apr 28, 2020

Not a bad idea, I'll keep it in mind :D

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Hah, once you start using dual monitors regularly, there'll only be 2 things that'll float through your head. ' What took me so long? ' and 'I'm never using single monitors again!' And that's just gaming. For production stuff, editing, CC or even Office use, its simply far easier. Real-estate is Boss. The only way I'll ever do single again is one of those Super Ultra-Wides that's literally 2 monitors side by side without the divide. When I strike it rich...