[SOLVED] what should i buy curved VA or Flat IPS ?

mapunsa1

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Hello guys,
a little advice please. i need to buy new monitor that has at least 144hz so i came across those two Asus TUF Gaming VG32VQ and Asus VG279Q. i know IPS panel is much better than VA when it comes to the colors but the VA panel is curved while the other is not, so from your experience is curved monitors worth to sacrifice the color quality? one more question is 32 inch too big for gaming?
any advice would be appreciated

Solution
The larger the monitor, the more you want a curve.
I use a 40" monitor and would appreciate a bit of a curve.
I think at 27 or 32 inch a curve does not matter.

From an image quality point of view, IPS will give you a better image and a 178/178 viewing angle that negates some of the need for a curve.
On larger monitors, the edges of a tn panel will look washed out and a curve helps.
Curved screen is more about personal preference more then anything and on ultra-wides it can help with viewing angels, however on a 32inch it probably wont make much a difference.

As far as IPS vs VA, the IPS will definitely be all around better, that's not to say VA is bad (I use a VA) but again it will be personal preference if you want the larger 32inch VA or the better image of the 27inch IPS.

I suggest you go to a store such as Bestbuy or Microcenter and look at each type and decide for yoruself.

The larger the monitor, the more you want a curve.
I use a 40" monitor and would appreciate a bit of a curve.
I think at 27 or 32 inch a curve does not matter.

From an image quality point of view, IPS will give you a better image and a 178/178 viewing angle that negates some of the need for a curve.
On larger monitors, the edges of a tn panel will look washed out and a curve helps.

Solution