What should i buy? My tv wants the best.

G

Dear all,

I'm in search for the best graphical card with TV OUT - I'll settle for a very good one. I'm not happy with my GeForce 2 MX, (Asus V7100) with TwinView. On my tv I get only an input of 800x600 with 60 Hertz with the V7100. By the way, I have a 'big tv'(Philips, 100 Hertz, widescreen).

I've consumed many reviews. It seems that the Matrox 550 should be my choice, but I hesitate. Will it be a big improvement after the V7100?

What I want to do with the tv-out is:

- view satellite tv (from my Pinnacle PCTV SAT)
- view MPEG-movies

I want to have the highest resolution as possible on the TV.

I really hope you can give me some suggestions! Thanks in advance.

Henk van Ess

I have a stand alone DVD-player, so it's not necassary that the DVD tv-output is great (although it won't hurt).

DDR64

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
ATI Radeon cards have good TV out display. Unlike Nvidia cards that rely on 3rd party chips for TV out which are limited to 800x600(except Philipps), ATI cards can do 1024 x 768, and has good quality according to the reviews. Actually I own ATI card and use TV out and monitor at tha same time as dual display, like play video on TV and do internet with monitor at the same time. Many of ATI's Radeon cards have TV out so choose the one that has the right price.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I believe that the Radeon 8500s are the only cards that actualy do at this time, though I'm not sure.

"Search your feelings you know it to be true, I am your... twin sister" - Darth Vader