May 10, 2019
Hey everyone,
Right now i own pentium g3240 3.1ghz dual core processor and i am going to buy a graphic card, i am confused between gt 1030 and gtx1050ti as i am getting gt 1030 at 6500INR and gtx 1050ti at 9500INR.
So i only want to ask that which one should i buy for a decent gaming performance?
PS: i want to play games like battlefield 1, cod ww2, gta5.

If you want to play those games you better go with the 1050 TI because the GT 1030 can't handle them well. Problem is, no matter which card you buy, your CPU is going to be severely bottlenecking the system, so in reality it might not matter.

Getting the 1050 TI makes more sense though because it WILL improve gaming performance and quality to some degree PLUS you will then have the option later to find a better CPU that works in the motherboard you already have, and upgrade that as well, if you want to improve CPU performance. Otherwise, if you go with the GT 1030 and then upgrade the CPU later, you're still going to have a crappy graphics card.

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
Was going to say I think that cpu is below min spec for all those games so it will really be a drag on your gaming experience. In fact, I don't even think BF1 will load on 2 cores but don't quote me on that.

May 10, 2019
If you want to play those games you better go with the 1050 TI because the GT 1030 can't handle them well. Problem is, no matter which card you buy, your CPU is going to be severely bottlenecking the system, so in reality it might not matter.

Getting the 1050 TI makes more sense though because it WILL improve gaming performance and quality to some degree PLUS you will then have the option later to find a better CPU that works in the motherboard you already have, and upgrade that as well, if you want to improve CPU performance. Otherwise, if you go with the GT 1030 and then upgrade the CPU later, you're still going to have a crappy graphics card.
Yes you are right, i should have think this way...thx a lot your opinion really helped me.
Btw by how much there will be decrease in fps.

Yes you are right, i should have think this way...thx a lot your opinion really helped me.
Btw by how much there will be decrease in fps.

Between the 1030 and 1050 TI? The question isn't really what will the difference in FPS be, it's more like which games will I actually be able to PLAY on the 1050 TI, that I WON'T be able to play on the GT 1030, especially after adding in the fact of only having a dual core CPU.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
gt 1030 is good enough for battlefield 1 and gta v at 1360x768 medium or 1920x1080 low but your cpu is to weak for new games. with a decent cpu you can get either gt 1030 or
gtx 1050 ti. ofcourse 1050 ti is better . if i was you i would find a used i5 cpu and get the gt 1030 then you will be able to play all games on at least 1360x760 or 1280x720.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
yeah but what the chances of him being a competetive player using a dual core pentium?
in my opinion some games look at 1360x760 but im not a hardcore player i usually just test the performance of the games. i mean if hes on a budget and dont have much option first i would prefer upgrading cpu first and if he only can afford a gt 1030 he will still be able to play low settings at 1920x1080 in many game.

Honestly, both need to be done for it to have any realistic benefit. But at least changing the GPU card first will have SOME effect, because if he currently already has a GPU card that is lower than the GT 1030, then he's not doing much game playing at all. Changing the CPU alone, won't change that. Changing the graphics card, will, at least for some games. But he will still need to upgrade to something that at least has two hyperthreads in addition to the two cores, or has four cores, and even then, it's not going to be a prize winner but at least it will be capable of playing. With what he has now, he can't really even play any of these games.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
yeah the cpus is to bad. look on ebay for a used i5 or i3 is my suggestion. then if you got the Money get the gtx 1050 ti or the 1030 if you cant afford it. there is also used markets to look at like aliexpress and ebay.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I agree with the general consensus on the 1050Ti over the 1030.

That said, it may or may not be the same in India as in the US, but the RX 570 4GB (and sometimes 8GB) can be found for around the same price, or sometimes less, than the GTX 1050Ti, but the RX 570 performs significantly better.

It does, however consume more power, so adequate airflow in your case, and a good power supply, are a must.

If you can get an RX 570 for about the same price or less as a 1050Ti, or even if it's slightly more, it is worth considering, if it falls within your budget.

I would also agree with the other posters in that if the 1050Ti (and RX 570) are a bit too expensive, then the RX 560 and GTX 1050 (non-Ti) should also be looked at.

Any of these, RX 560, RX 570, GTX 950, GTX 1050, GTX 1050 TI, would be better by a long shot than that GT 1030. That really is not a gaming card. That's more on par with trying to game with integrated graphics honestly. But I still believe as I'm sure you all do, that without a different CPU it really doesn't matter that much, for the immediate affect on performance anyhow, unless they also upgrade the CPU so I'd agree as well, against my usual recommendations which are not to buy used cards, that it might be worth considering if it means you can also get a better CPU.

You can probably find used Haswell/Refresh i5's fairly cheap these days and that would be a major upgrade from what they have now. Even a Haswell i3-4360 with it's two extra hyperthreads would be an improvement and would allow games that require more than two cores to at least be played.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS