[SOLVED] What should i buy?

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
I am thinking of buying a stealth game cd from the shop near my house, There. I liked 2 games - splinter cell blacklist and metal gear solid 5 the phantom pain. ( Let me tell you until now i have played sc 1, 2 pt, 3 ct, da, conviction, mgs portable ops, pw, mgs 5 gz, mgs 2) And my pc can run both games at max settings. But the main problem is that i can buy only 1 game so what game should i buy among sc blacklist and mgs 5 tpp. Here are what i want in game - hardness, gameplay mechanics, variety. I don't care about story in stealth games so don't recommend according to story. Also i will not play multiplayer as i don't have good internet thats why i buy game cd not digital. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Well, for sure Blacklist is a shorter campaign than MGSV TPP, mostly because like I said, TPP is very RPG-like, and those kind of games are typically longer.

If you do all the side missions in Blacklist though, especially all the Charlies Missions, which have several waves, each getting longer as you go, then it feels noticeably longer. There's no spy stealth game anywhere near as long as an RPG type game that I know of.

For future refence, just so you know before you buy, this site shows a combined average of play times for most any game, and it's pretty accurate. It has Blacklist at 11 hrs main story, 17.5 hours main+extra, and 27.5 completionist. TPP it has at 46 hrs main story, 81.5 hrs main+extra, and 162 hrs completionist...
Both are very good games and worth playing. The common nit pick about MGSV TPP though is a ton of repetition. The side quests are very repetitive, and as well, the 2nd chapter altogether, where you're merely tasked to repeat certain story missions, but with challenges that make them a bit harder.

As far as Blacklist goes, IMO it's the best SC game ever made, but if you don't like the idea of Fisher being voiced by someone other than the usual Michael Ironside, and some optional tougher combat side missions thrown in (Charlies Missions), it may be off putting to you.

Personally I found Charlies Missions to be quite fun. They're challenging and more open combat style no doubt, but if you're good at making use of the map, you can also maintain stealth for the most part. I Ghosted pretty much all of them.

There's also a few places in the main campaign where open combat is forced, but it's really a small percentage of the game, and not as big a deal as many made it out to be. Hard to recommend one over the other, and since they're both now older titles, I would think either would be cheap to buy. Then again, not sure about the price of hard disc copies, kinda rare anymore.

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
the shop has stock of these games and both games were affordable but i will buy only one, i don't care about story. Also, i want the game to be long and should make me to replay its missions again and again with different styles, so what should i get?

I already explained the differences of each game as best I can. You can play with different styles in either game, but in MGSV TPP, the 2nd chapter pretty much forces you to play with a certain style that adds challenge.

Again, I don't feel one of them is any better than the other, but I gave you enough info for you to decide which is best for you. If you're still not sure, you could always watch some gameplay videos, but that might spoil some things for you. Mostly when it comes to spoilers though, people don't want to know story details, and you seem uninterested in the stories anyway.

When it comes to playing with different styles though, both are primarily stealth games, and both become a lot harder to play via overt combat. I guess the primary difference between the two is MGSV TPP has a lot of RPG nuances, and lots of fantastical elements, with sci fi enemies, and boss fights, whereas SC Blacklist is more of a spy stealth game with a real world feel.

It really comes down to which type of game you prefer, and only you can decide that.

Last edited:

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
after i watched gameplay of both games, i can conclude that mgs 5 pp has better graphics, open world, challenging sometimes, needs exploring and sc blacklist has better mechanics, better combat, better gadgets, better movement, satisfying stealth. but both games looked charming to me so i concluded that i will buy both games as if i buy only one game then i will miss other so i will purchase both and bet feel of both games.

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
thanks, i bought them and played 1st mission of each game and here are my observations- mgs 5 story looks good and characters are memorable, its prologue was very long, then i played until the mission where i have to save miller. This is quite hard as i needed multiple attempts to get s rank. Only running animation is weird but rest is good. now sc blacklist - the story didn't look promising but i stated earlier that i don't care about story so i kept playing. did 2 missions and all animations are fluid. but this game is very easy as i completed in single attempt. This game don't require as much planning as mgs 5 but stealth animation, mechanics of sc is better than mgs 5. Only one thing i didn't like that this game don't has many guns as compared to mgs 5 but rest is good. But i didn't disappoint by any of these 2 games and i am giving equal time to these games, that is 1 hour to each game. got mgs 5 at 300 rupees and sc at 1200 rs.

That equates to about 4-12 US Dollars, so yeah, very cheap.

I wouldn't put too much stock into judging the games on the 1st hr of play though. You will eventually learn that they not only both get harder to play as you go, but you will also find even the hardest missions are not too hard once you know what tactics work best. In MGSV TPP, I found an upgraded D-Walker to be invaluable at making these easier. Also, do not miss the chance to pick up D-Dog early on, and revisit the base camp often after you do, otherwise you will miss out on some very cute cutscenes of him.

Last edited:

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
Well, today i am disappointed from sc blacklist as i started playing yesterday and finished all its campaigns today. It was very short. In mgs 5 pp, i completed until traitors caravan mission and i have ddog. Don't mind as i played for more than 16 hours as today i didn't had any office work. I enjoyed sc but i wish it could be longer, mgs 5 pp is way longer than sc blacklist.

Well, for sure Blacklist is a shorter campaign than MGSV TPP, mostly because like I said, TPP is very RPG-like, and those kind of games are typically longer.

If you do all the side missions in Blacklist though, especially all the Charlies Missions, which have several waves, each getting longer as you go, then it feels noticeably longer. There's no spy stealth game anywhere near as long as an RPG type game that I know of.

For future refence, just so you know before you buy, this site shows a combined average of play times for most any game, and it's pretty accurate. It has Blacklist at 11 hrs main story, 17.5 hours main+extra, and 27.5 completionist. TPP it has at 46 hrs main story, 81.5 hrs main+extra, and 162 hrs completionist.

https://howlongtobeat.com/#search

You really can't expect a spy stealth game to have that many hrs though, and you'd be missing a ton of great games were you to insist on it. Even Cyberpunk 2077 is only about 21 hrs main story.

Solution