[SOLVED] What should i choose?

Jul 26, 2021
I have been thinking of repairing a PC that my grandpa has gave me, and buy it some new parts, a gigabyte H310, i5 9400f 16gb ram 2tb storage pretty good but i have been thinking of buying a good gpu with good graphics for a BUDGET price since i dont have enough money to get a 1050... so my picks are a Gigabyte GT 1030 OC and a AMD RX 550 But i dont know which one to choose, could u help me choose one of the both?

Solution
I know but its just temporary, ill save up until i have enough to buy a gtx 1050 but right now i need something CHEAP that can display image since the i5 9400f doesnt have an iGPU and ill prob just do some light gaming like minecraft and terraria(and maybe roblox).

Get yourself a used gtx 1050 TI or an R9 260X
So obviously 2021 is the worst year in history to buy a GPU (availability) or even for a price that's anywhere near MSRP. It's unfortunate, yes.

A GT1030/RX550 are certainly NOT gaming GPUs.

Since this is a 9400F, I presume the system already has a dGPU of some sort? What GPU does it have?

Jul 26, 2021
So obviously 2021 is the worst year in history to buy a GPU (at all) or even for a price that's anywhere near MSRP. It's unfortunate, yes.

A GT1030/RX550 are certainly NOT gaming GPUs.
I know but its just temporary, ill save up until i have enough to buy a gtx 1050 but right now i need something CHEAP that can display image since the i5 9400f doesnt have an iGPU and ill prob just do some light gaming like minecraft and terraria(and maybe roblox).

Jul 26, 2021
If you need something now I wouldn't get either of those. Something older like an R7 260x is cheaper and performs better than either.
Problem... I dont live in the US, I live in colombia and here (atleast in my city) amazon is not available, only another store that its like amazon but aint, and those are the only 2 cards i can find...

Jul 26, 2021
Again I'll say, this being a 9400f (pre-built?) it needed to have come with a dGPU. So what dGPU does it currently have?
none, as i told in the 1st post, its a pc that my grandpa gave me that is broken so i have to replace every of the parts and since it was a low end PC it didnt have a dGPU, it only had a celeron g540 with an iGPU so..

Remeca

Reputable
Problem... I dont live in the US, I live in colombia and here (atleast in my city) amazon is not available, only another store that its like amazon but aint, and those are the only 2 cards i can find...
eBay equivalent? Classifieds? Patience will be required if you don't want to waste money, and I'd have trouble recommending those for gaming. Just saying, you'd be much better off with an older midrange card than those.

Jul 26, 2021
eBay equivalent? Classifieds? Patience will be required if you don't want to waste money, and I'd have trouble recommending those for gaming. Just saying, you'd be much better off with an older midrange card than those.
look, i just need a card that could help me for like 1 year and as i told in a previous post, ill do only light gaming, since i only have a budget of like 300? 400? for the pc, and i dont get that much money i have saved up thouse 400-300 since 2019 so i just need a Video card i dont matter what it is just a video card because i need to see video to use the computer.

What is the make/model of the parts that you were given?
What needs repairing?
Which ones can be reused?
It sounds like you will be buying a 9400f to replace the Celeron G540.
If so, perhaps a i5-9400 which includes integrated graphics would end up costing you less by avoiding the need for a discrete graphics card that you will discard later anyway.
And, a GTX1050 is not a sufficiently stronger card than a GT1030 or RX550.
It is still barely entry level gaming.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021

Get yourself a used gtx 1050 TI or an R9 260X

Solution