What should I do. Cheap i7 Offer.

djnardu

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Just built my new computer less then 3 weeks ago. I'm mainly using it for gaming and threw in an e8400 3.0 GHz which I overclocked to 3.6

For my CPU and Mobo I spent 279.

Now Im getting a special offer from Intel through my job.

i7
Intel i7 Mobo
Vista Ultimate
7 upgrade voucher

for 289.

Im already running Ultimate so I could sell the OEM but I dont if its worth the hassle of selling my new mobo and cpu and doing all this work for the benefits of what I would get from the i7 from gaming when the duo is running at a higher clock speed.

What should I do yea its an i7 and I'd love to have one but is it worth doing all the work to sell my mobo and cpu for the benefits I would recieve.

Huttfuzz

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I'd say it's worth it on the long term. If you look to keep that computer on the long run, do it. You will sell your other components on eBay for almost the same price. Also, upgrading is FUN.

Intel mobo = no overclocking = garbage

Intel X58 mobo = rock solid stability + plenty of overclocking

The only reason I didn't get one was the fact that it only has 4 slots of RAM. However, at that price, it is WELL worth it. I'd go for the deal.

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
why not buy all the stuff and sell it all on ebay ??? just make ur self some extra cash which u can use to upgrade ur pc in the future when u actually need to :p??