What should I do for a 3 monitor setup?

mystiky

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (64bit version) and current have the eVGA 780i motherboard, which includes 3-Way & 2-Way SLI Bridge with PCI Express 2.0 support. I am running 2 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors (via DVI) attachedc on one nVidia BFG GTX 275 card.

Besides playing games, I use my computer to trade on the stock market. The time has come that I want to add a 3rd monitor, which will also be running at 1920x1080 resolution.

Must I add a similiar GTX 275 card, or can I just get a cheaper GTX 260 (with or without core 216) in order for things to work?

Again, I am not trying to add more power (faster and more GPS for my games) by adding another card, but all I really need is to add another monitor to my system and keep it stable. I have heard horror stories about SLI setups, so I am trying to avoid those issues.

Last, but not least -- is there any good graphics card sold that has 3 or 4 DVI outputs, which is also very good for games at 1920x1080? I would preffer to stay with nVidia rather than ATI.

All advise is much appreciated!

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I remember something about needing a 9600gt or higher for physx support. I googled it, but I wasn't able to find any definitive answer.

If you don't want the physx support, then you can just get a 9400GT, or whatever is cheapest.

TRENDING THREADS