[SOLVED] What should I do to my SSD? HELP!

Nov 14, 2020
Recently, I've noticed something weird about my PC.
The first anomaly happened on the night of 11th November 2020. I just finished downloading Watch Dogs 1 from Ubisoft Connect to my HDD then I hit play when I suddenly got a BSOD with a code 'UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION', at first I thought it was a feature of the game to troll the players, and apparently after pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del it isn't.
Starting from then, my PC has experienced weird freezes to any applications, even crashing the file explorer. So I googled some stuff and found out something is wrong with the drive system. I quickly installed Hard Disk Sentinel and was shocked with the results of my SSD.
1QE6bjP.jpg

I then googled some stuff about this bad block thingy, and decided to first open up my casing and cleaned every single part of the pc.
It's the 13th of November 2020, I've cleaned my PC from the specks of dust and replugged the SSD. I opened Hard Disk Sentinel and noticed the bad sectors/blocks increased into a whopping 28000+, but I still have some positive thoughts. So I googled again and ran ChkDsk and sfc /scannow. Yes, there were some notifications from ChkDsk saying that my SSD had errors, then they fixed it and I restarted the PC. The freezes have started to decrease, or gone sometimes
Today is the 14th of November and I turned on my PC in the morning and, everything seems normal.
Until I got two BSOD's in less than 3-4 hours of using the PC. The first BSOD was while I was checking for emails, around 5:40 AM and it was SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. And then I still had hoped for my PC, turned it on again like nothing happened, and played BF V for a few minutes before the next BSOD struck at around 6:20 AM, this time it's UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTIONS.
I'm on the apex of frustration now, I even contacted a technician, he said that my SSD is on the brink of death and I need to replace another one, and yes I already bought one, its WD Green 120GB SATA. However, my ADATA 120GB is less than a month old, and I asked the technician what caused these bad blocks/sectors and he said it has to do with power outages.
I then installed HD Tune Pro and scanned while writing this thread, here's the result:
pr0qmri.png

8RlFyNi.png

What should I do? Should I reinstall windows to my ADATA, or wait for my WD and get a fresh start. And if there is a problem with the power, should I buy UPS because I don't want to risk getting the same problem to my new SSD.
Thank you in advance, oh and here are my pc specs:
Asrock B350M Pro 4
Ryzen 5 2600x
RX 570 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 2*4GB
Corsair VS450 80+ White
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD SATA
and my problematic ADATA 120GB SATA SSD
Windows 10 Pro up to date

Solution
No point installing win 10 on that ssd now. I would put up with the BSOD until you get new ssd and clean install on it

unexpected store exception. The store in question is used by Win 10 to track the locations of items in virtual memory. Virtual memory is the page file. That is on the ssd.

Contact adata and rma the ssd. You should be able to link photos of the results or better still, run their own test on drives and see if they agree - https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-6/

120gb becoming too small for win 10, you have more room to move on a 250 or bigger.

Colif

Win 11 Master
No point installing win 10 on that ssd now. I would put up with the BSOD until you get new ssd and clean install on it

unexpected store exception. The store in question is used by Win 10 to track the locations of items in virtual memory. Virtual memory is the page file. That is on the ssd.

Contact adata and rma the ssd. You should be able to link photos of the results or better still, run their own test on drives and see if they agree - https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-6/

120gb becoming too small for win 10, you have more room to move on a 250 or bigger.

Reactions: scubbaa
Solution