[SOLVED] What should I do when I first get an AIO?

Jan 25, 2020
Im wondering what pump speed I should set it at, or what fan speed is optimal. I have a ryzen 5 3600 and NZXT m22 with an ASrock b450 motherboard. Should I leave the AIO pump at 100%? It's quite audible at that level, and I want it to be quieter while keeping temps adequately low.

Solution
Im wondering what pump speed I should set it at, or what fan speed is optimal. I have a ryzen 5 3600 and NZXT m22 with an ASrock b450 motherboard. Should I leave the AIO pump at 100%? It's quite audible at that level, and I want it to be quieter while keeping temps adequately low.

There's nothing positive to be said with the M22. Many AIR coolers perform better.
The design of this model to overcome a patent does not work very well and the pump must be kept at 100%.

It will be OK for moderate use however totally inadequate for Overclocking.
The pump should be connected to CPU_FAN header and the power fan connectors to CPU_ALT if 4pin connector.
This can vary with MB and Bios so list the Motherboard if not sure.

There's nothing positive to be said with the M22. Many AIR coolers perform better.
The design of this model to overcome a patent does not work very well and the pump must be kept at 100%.

It will be OK for moderate use however totally inadequate for Overclocking.
The pump should be connected to CPU_FAN header and the power fan connectors to CPU_ALT if 4pin connector.
This can vary with MB and Bios so list the Motherboard if not sure.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You might be better off just returning it - if possible. That particular cooler appears to have a high failure rate.

But, to answer your questions:
1)90% pump speed could work.

2)Since the pump is in the radiator, it might help with noise to position the radiator lower than the cpu block in your PC.

TRENDING THREADS