[SOLVED] What should I do, when my GPU is not spinning, but everything else is working?

St1rx

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
So I just built my first Gaming Rig a week ago and everything was working well. Then when I went to the BIOS to check something, the PC did a reboot and GPU stopped working, but everything else was working? Of course I panicked and turned off the PSU and unplugged every cable in the PC. Now everytime I try to boot the system, I get no signal and the GPU doesn't make a noise, but everything else is working.
My specs:
Ryzen 3 3100
MSI B450m Pro Max M2
ROG Strix RX 570 8GB
16Gb Patriot Viper 4 3000MHz
500w Xilence PSU 80+
Can anybody help me, because I don't want to see it go so fast. Right now I'm looking around if anybody is having/had the same problem as me, thanks in advance!

Solution
it could be that your GPU is dead on arival.
if you have an old pc, i recomend you use it as a sort of test bench, changing the gpu to see if it works. if not then return it to the retailer.
or you could take it to a pc tech, but their a bit pricy in general and i'm not sure that tinkering around on a new gpu is a good idea

Balefire

Reputable
Oct 18, 2020
if you have an old pc, i recomend you use it as a sort of test bench, changing the gpu to see if it works. if not then return it to the retailer.
or you could take it to a pc tech, but their a bit pricy in general and i'm not sure that tinkering around on a new gpu is a good idea

Solution

St1rx

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
Thank you so much, I really hope everything will be okay and none of this is going to happen in the future.

Then when I went to the BIOS to check something, the PC did a reboot and GPU stopped working
What exactly did you change there?

PC did a reboot and GPU stopped working, but everything else was working?
Now everytime I try to boot the system, I get no signal and the GPU doesn't make a noise, but everything else is working.
Test a different video output on your graphics card,
test with a different video cable,
test with different monitor.

Honestly - I'd suspect your PSU to be the issue there. What's the model name of that thing (500w Xilence PSU 80+ is not a model name).