Question What should I do with an old PC?

PolarBear27

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

I currently have a PC which I custom built back in 2013/14 with all new parts. However, it is now starting to fail on me and turns itself off whenever it has anything running that requires even a slightly high demand. For instance, it just turned off when I was playing minecraft. It started doing this a few years ago so I replaced the PSU which fixed the problem for a while but now it is back. The whole thing as a whole is starting to slow down now anyway so I am looking at upgrading. I plan on transferring over my hard drive but I was wondering if there is anything else I can salvage from it and what should I do with the remains? I obviously want to get rid of it in the most environmentally efficent way but if at all possible make a few ££ back on it; not excpecting anything over £30. This is what is currently in the case:

Zalman Z11 Case
AMD A8 5600K black edition 3.6 Ghz CPU
Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 A55 Motherboard (I'm not sure if this is it's official name but this is what's on my order receipt)
LiteOn DVD-ROM
Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory Kit
Asus GTX 650TI 1GB GDDR5
Corsair 550W Semi Modular 80+ Gold PSU

Any help on how to get rid of this would be very much appreciated. I've tried googling around but couldn't find anything that fully helped me.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS