[SOLVED] What should I do with my build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Hey Daikon,
If you meant upgrading it for gaming, what I would do is add a GPU to the build
get a 1660 or an rx580 (if you can find them for a good price lol) maybe look for a used card.
just make sure your power supply is a good quality one so you don't run into any issues in the future.
it should run games at 1080p at 60fps until you start upgrading your quadcore CPU to something better. Also maybe add a second stick of ram down the line since your CPU isn't the worst.
you'll also need a hard drive if you don't have one.
Good luck.

m7mod

Distinguished
Hey Daikon,
If you meant upgrading it for gaming, what I would do is add a GPU to the build
get a 1660 or an rx580 (if you can find them for a good price lol) maybe look for a used card.
just make sure your power supply is a good quality one so you don't run into any issues in the future.
it should run games at 1080p at 60fps until you start upgrading your quadcore CPU to something better. Also maybe add a second stick of ram down the line since your CPU isn't the worst.
you'll also need a hard drive if you don't have one.
Good luck.

Reactions: Daikon123124124
Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I would not attempt to upgrade that rig for gaming. The A series aren't particularly powerful and will run into high CPU use even with a lower power GPU. You would also want to invest in another stick of RAM....at this point putting money into items specific to this build are wasteful, IMO.

You should consider saving for a new PC. Even low end stuff like an i3 or R3 will severely outperform the current rig. Another possibility would be to locate a used system. Keep in mind that the current market situation has almost anything possible to game with well overpriced.

I just made a reasonable entry level build for another post that would be relevant here as well. With this build you could start gaming now and have a great upgrade path for later.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($239.00 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B450M-PLUS II Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($84.38 @ Walmart)
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Za 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cougar MX331 MESH ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $512.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-16 14:05 EST-0500

Status
Not open for further replies.