What should i do with my laptop?

mineforce

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
I recently built a beast watercooled pc and before that i had a laptop as my main computer, and now im trying to find good use for it since im not really using it anymore, besides for bringing with me on travels and stuff so, does anybody have any suggestions of what i can use it for? I did consider turning it into a NAS but idk if thats something that i really need. In case you wonder its an acer aspire something with an i3-6100U 2.30 Ghz and Intel HD Graphics 520 and 238GB ssd and 6gb ram.

mineforce

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
A secondary monitor? A test bench for linux dual-boot? Take it apart and with 3d printing make a new waterproof chassis so you can put it in the shower and watch tv while scrub-a-dubbing?
Yeah, I'm not really any tech expert or an engineer or something so pretty sure i wont be able to do number one or three, I'm not looking to do a lot of modification, just trying to get good use for it in its current state. Also a Linux test bench? Just, why?

Yeah, I'm not really any tech expert or an engineer or something so pretty sure i wont be able to do number one or three, I'm not looking to do a lot of modification, just trying to get good use for it in its current state. Also a Linux test bench? Just, why?

You could also just donate it if it has no more use, do something good for a kid elsewhere. And why not Linux test bench. It's a good way to learn what linux is like and how to use it. It's an invaluable OS and tool to get acquainted with. For example you can host your own web server or create a media storage to store all your important data.

mineforce

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
You could also just donate it if it has no more use, do something good for a kid elsewhere. And why not Linux test bench. It's a good way to learn what linux is like and how to use it. It's an invaluable OS and tool to get acquainted with. For example you can host your own web server or create a media storage to store all your important data.
well, I will be keeping it to bring with me so I can game when traveling, so that's not really an option for me, but thanks for the suggestion.