ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
I currenty have a 5870 single card was wondering if it is worth getting a 2nd one or go with another card totaly maybe upgrading motherboard / psu while im at it have a 965 amd and gigabyte ddr3 motherboard

Solution

ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
CASE CM|RC-690-KKN1-GP BK RT
MB GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 R
Click Here To Protect Your Investment
1VGA XFX| HD-587X-ZNFV HD5870 1G R
PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-750HX 750W RT
CPU AMD|PH II X4 955BE 3.2G AM3
Click Here To Protect Your Investmen
MEM 2Gx2|GSKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBE
HD 500G|SAMSUNG HD502HJ %
MNTR ASUS|LCD 23" 2MS VH236H RT
DVD BURNER SAMSUNG | SH-S243N/BEBS%

ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
i would try to get the links but that is the name of htem i cant find most of the parts on newegg anymore so cant give you links that is the invoice from my order when i got everything

Ok, I thought that list was a wishlist you drew up, didnt specify it was current gear hehe,
Ok, best way to get the most out of that is grab a good cooler and clock that 955 up as Hacker suggested, adding a ddr3 plate isn't going to be a magic cure performancewise and youll need to buy some new ram for it too obv,
Clock that up and save for a newer build, then when ready see whats the best build for your money, we'll still be here to help
Moto

For the money/performance you'd get from upping a 955 to a 965 its pointless and if your considering a mobo, why not a whole new build?
Intel's 2500k is a good gaming buid right now, or you could wait to see what Amd have lined up next, hopefully should be released soon,
but again, the best thing for your current rig is a little clocking on the cpu and gfx
Moto

ps3hacker12

Distinguished
thats a great little setup if you want some extra performance, then i would reccommend getting another 5870 and Crossfiring it with your current one, that would give you a dramatic performance boost, but seriously at 1080P a single 5870 and a phenom 955 would max out on almost all games today.

if your scared of BIOS overclocking then Easytune 6 from gigabyte is a great peice of software which will allow you to overclock:
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/utility.aspx

or AMD overdrive:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/amd-overdrive/Pages/overview.aspx

ps3hacker12

Distinguished
Solution