[SOLVED] What should i get for better fps?

Solution
What should i change? I3 8100 and 1050 ti 4gb , the graphic card or the processor?
Short answer: upgrading the GPU will net you more FPS gains that upgrading the CPU.

Not so short answer: it all depends on what type of games you're playing, graphic settings, the resolution, ram speed and whatnot.

At 1080p you're mostly CPU bound, and a better GPU will net a decent increase, but not the best bang/performance gain.
At 1440p and above you will get the best results from a GPU upgrade.

The 8100 should go well with many GPUs, but I'd go as far as a 1660 Super. Over that, then I'd recommend doing a full system upgrade.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
What should i change? I3 8100 and 1050 ti 4gb , the graphic card or the processor?
Short answer: upgrading the GPU will net you more FPS gains that upgrading the CPU.

Not so short answer: it all depends on what type of games you're playing, graphic settings, the resolution, ram speed and whatnot.

At 1080p you're mostly CPU bound, and a better GPU will net a decent increase, but not the best bang/performance gain.
At 1440p and above you will get the best results from a GPU upgrade.

The 8100 should go well with many GPUs, but I'd go as far as a 1660 Super. Over that, then I'd recommend doing a full system upgrade.

Solution