[SOLVED] What should i get???

No no

Commendable
Jan 18, 2020
So I have R5 1600x with cooler that was like $15-$20 (ID COOLING SE - 903) also I have 2 SSD -s (cuz one I bought and the other one came with my old computer) each is 120GB and 2 HHD made around 2006-2010 each has 500GB and also I have 8GB RAM single performance and I don't know what should i get first. I want to buy NVMe SSD and get rid of the old crappy HHDs one more stick of RAM 8GB and better CPU cooling. But the question is what to get first?

Last edited:
Solution
What do you use your pc for? Gaming?
Your old HDDs will fail sometime, so get rid of them before you lose anything important.
An NVME ssd will improve the system performance but it wont be that obvious compared to normal SSD in simple tasks.
You can change your RAM to 2x8GB. 16gigs are not thaaaat important, but dual-channel will improve memory performance significantly.
Dec 28, 2019
id say get more ram as it is now as you only have 8 GB, which is fine but you can see alot of performance gain in not only your games but your system in general. You really only need a NVME M.2 SSD if you are going to be transfering massive multi-GB files/folders daily. an SSD would work just as well while being considerably cheaper. The cpu cooling does matter but provided you dont overclock you dont really need to change it unless your cpu temps are consisantly above ~ 70°c

Giannis_Mag

Reputable
May 24, 2017
What do you use your pc for? Gaming?
Your old HDDs will fail sometime, so get rid of them before you lose anything important.
An NVME ssd will improve the system performance but it wont be that obvious compared to normal SSD in simple tasks.
You can change your RAM to 2x8GB. 16gigs are not thaaaat important, but dual-channel will improve memory performance significantly.

Solution