[SOLVED] What should i keep track of to keep my pc up to date?

Jun 8, 2019
I know how to update my bios and Nvidia but i have no idea how to keep my cpu driver up to date and i dont know if there is something else i should keep track of besides bios, gpu driver and cpu driver.

I tried 'Intel® Driver & Support Assistant' to check if my cpu driver was up to date and it tried to download 'Intel® Rapid Storage Technology' for 7th and 8th generation platforms which doesnt make sense to me since i have i5 9400f which should be 9th gen if im not wrong.

Is there a another way to download cpu drivers other than 'Intel® Driver & Support Assistant'?

Solution
CPUs do not require drivers. Thus CPU drivers do not exist.
As long as you keep GPU drivers up to date, you should be set.
I do not recommend routine BIOS updates since a failed update can brick a board. Update your bios before upgrading CPU or GPU. Also, update your bios if you are having problems.
I do not recommend routine BIOS updates since a failed update can brick a board. Update your bios before upgrading CPU or GPU. Also, update your bios if you are having problems.

Solution
Jun 8, 2019
Ok thanks, sorry for the stupid question im dont know much new to pcs.

Also, update your bios if you are having problems.
If I may add this...

You should only update your BIOS to solve a problem only if the available BIOS update documentation reflects that it is designed to solve the specific problem that you are having--IF you are already experienced in doing such modifications to systems.

Furthermore, unless you possess significant experience in dealing with the situational appropriateness and various methods of accomplishing successful BIOS updates; your best strategy is to first contact the technical support department of the motherboard manufacturer, and ask them to specifically advise you with respect to the situation you are dealing with which makes you suspect that you may require a BIOS update. Update BIOS code only if they direct you to do so.

From what I have seen over the years, people are too ready to casually update BIOS code, and wind-up worsening the problems that they were hoping to correct--both through a lack of knowledge of what that particular update will do to their system, as well as a lack of comfortable familiarity with the process for updating BIOS code for their system.