[SOLVED] What should I look for in a fan's spec sheet to be sure it's compatible with a CM Hyper 212 Evo?

cloudropis_1

Honorable
Dec 16, 2016
I already replaced the stock fan once but it was with an identical fan a friend gave me, this time I have to look for myself.
It has to be 120mm, 4-pin PWM, at least 82.9 CFM/2000 RPM to be at least up to speed with the stock one, what else? Anything to make sure it's compatible with the rails on the heatsink?
If anyone wants to share or link specific models that fit all the requirements that's cool, I don't want to spend more than 15/20 euro on it so no crazy noctua noise killers please. Just want it to blow air and be at least as good as the stock 212 one

Solution
you've pretty much got the needed specs. if it is 120mm it should line up with the mounting holes so no issue there.

you are looking for a static pressure fan so be sure it is in the specs. sometimes the model itself will say sp but might not.

other than that get whatever you want as it only has to mount to the cooler and plug into the mobo.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you've pretty much got the needed specs. if it is 120mm it should line up with the mounting holes so no issue there.

you are looking for a static pressure fan so be sure it is in the specs. sometimes the model itself will say sp but might not.

other than that get whatever you want as it only has to mount to the cooler and plug into the mobo.

Solution