[SOLVED] What should I pair with my Ryzen 3 3200g?

Sep 15, 2019
Hi, I currently own a Ryzen 3 3200g and a Asus B450M Gaming plus motherboard. I am looking to buy a new GPU to go with it, but I'm not sure which will give me the best performance whilst not bottlenecking performance. I am looking to game at 1080p and would appreciate any help.

Solution
2200g is second gen. Any B450 will work without the need for BIOS flashback or ensuring the board shipps with a 3rd gen bios. Also, the 2200g is cheaper.

But the 3200g is indeed better. I would have gone for a 6 core Ryzen 5 1600 or 2600 for a small price increase over the 3200g.
Sep 15, 2019
Depending on refresh rate of monitor, PSU and games you play (and plan to play), and budget a good starting point might be the RX570.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I don't have a huge budget but I'm willing to expand it, just gonna take more time to gather all the parts then. I'll take a look at the Rx 570 too. I mainly plan to play games such as grand theft auto 5, black ops and other FPS games. As for the monitor, haven't picked one up yet, which I know is bad but I've only got the CPU and mobo, any monitor recommendations? And also do you think tlthe pairing of the CPU and mobo are good? The PSU I was going to get was 450 watt, should I increase this too?
Thanks again.

RX570 is a bargain, and , stepping up to the $180-$190 range, the RX580 even more so...

Alas, your 2200G is only a quad core, and is certainly already a limiting factor in minimum frame rates for many games even from within the last 3 years....

(Flash your mainboard's BIOS, then sell the 2200G off, and get an R5-3600 to go with your RX580...; you'd likely then be happy for at least a few years, IMO!)

Sep 15, 2019
RX570 is a bargain, and , stepping up to the $180-$190 range, the RX580 even more so...

Alas, your 2200G is only a quad core, and is certainly already a limiting factor in minimum frame rates for many games even from within the last 3 years....

(Flash your mainboard's BIOS, then sell the 2200G off, and get an R5-3600 to go with your RX580...; you'd likely then be happy for at least a few years, IMO!)
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've been looking at the price and where I live (UK) the Rx 570 is about £190 which I think is pretty good. I'll take a look at the Rx 580 too. As for the CPU I Kinda wanted to use it. Will it affect gaming performance that much until I can afford a new one? And I'm assuming the mobo is good?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've been looking at the price and where I live (UK) the Rx 570 is about £190 which I think is pretty good. I'll take a look at the Rx 580 too. As for the CPU I Kinda wanted to use it. Will it affect gaming performance that much until I can afford a new one? And I'm assuming the mobo is good?
Look at the used market a 580 is like £150 you can get Vega 56 cards for around 200 and 1070s for a similar amount to Vegas. Only know cos I’m looking to sell my Vega because it’s really too big for my case and it’s getting LOUD.

Sep 15, 2019
Look at the used market a 580 is like £150 you can get Vega 56 cards for around 200 and 1070s for a similar amount to Vegas. Only know cos I’m looking to sell my Vega because it’s really too big for my case and it’s getting LOUD.
Yeah, I've looked at the Rx 580 and I'm fairly sure I'm gonna order it for around £180. Thanks for the help. Got a question though. Would my CPU be alright paired with it for now to game with no bottlenecking on FPS games like call of duty and games like gta 5?

Yeah, I've looked at the Rx 580 and I'm fairly sure I'm gonna order it for around £180. Thanks for the help. Got a question though. Would my CPU be alright paired with it for now to game with no bottlenecking on FPS games like call of duty and games like gta 5?
You’ll most likely still get over 60FPS though you need fast RAM and preferably 16GB of it. Can’t say for the new COD I don’t know how it runs until I get back home in a week or so and try the beta.

seriously look at eBay a used 580 Is a lot cheaper than a new model and might be the difference between 16 and 8GB of RAM.

Sep 15, 2019
You’ll most likely still get over 60FPS though you need fast RAM and preferably 16GB of it. Can’t say for the new COD I don’t know how it runs until I get back home in a week or so and try the beta.

seriously look at eBay a used 580 Is a lot cheaper than a new model and might be the difference between 16 and 8GB of RAM.
Alright thanks again for the reply. I know that I'm I'm either getting the 580 or 570 now (probably 580) and I'm gonna be using 8gb of Corsair vengeance 2400 MHz ram. Would I still get over 60 on medium - high settings?

Alright thanks again for the reply. I know that I'm I'm either getting the 580 or 570 now (probably 580) and I'm gonna be using 8gb of Corsair vengeance 2400 MHz ram. Would I still get over 60 on medium - high settings?
You need 3000mhz at least and 16 for high is what you really need. I game I’m pretty much Max and I use around 7.5-11 of 16. Just make sure it’s Shula stick

Sep 15, 2019
You need 3000mhz at least and 16 for high is what you really need. I game I’m pretty much Max and I use around 7.5-11 of 16. Just make sure it’s Shula stick
Ok, I will admit I am on a bit of a budget and it's my first time building a pc or even owning a pc other than a laptop. So I need a lot of help. I've been looking at alternatives for the games I mainly play, gta 5 and FPS games and apparently it would be no bottleneck if I went for an Nvidia alternative such as the gtx 1050 TI. Do you think this GPU is good? For medium settings on a majority of games?

Ok, I will admit I am on a bit of a budget and it's my first time building a pc or even owning a pc other than a laptop. So I need a lot of help. I've been looking at alternatives for the games I mainly play, gta 5 and FPS games and apparently it would be no bottleneck if I went for an Nvidia alternative such as the gtx 1050 TI. Do you think this GPU is good? For medium settings on a majority of games?
The 1050Ti is kinda expensive for what it is, it would do the job but again the used market will have better for the same price. When I started the first iteration of my current PC I used a used CPU and GPU for essentially a tier up in performance over what I could afford new. But you should be fine with 8GB as long as it’s dual channel (2 sticks) and you could squeak by with 2666

I bought a used Sapphire Nitro RX480 8gb for $89 and flashed it to a 580. I don' reccomend buying a 400 series card with hopes of turning it into a 500 series card sonce its a pain in the rear.

There are some great used deals on RX570s and RX580 and i'd go for one of these or a new 570 or 580.

You can go with 2666mhz, but it is essential to get dual channel. You can overclock the ram or cpu to counter this.

Excuse me of I missed you stating this, but what is the make and model of 450w psu? Something like a Corsair CX450 would be fine for a 570, but isld step up to a 550w for a 580.

Sep 15, 2019
The 1050Ti is kinda expensive for what it is, it would do the job but again the used market will have better for the same price. When I started the first iteration of my current PC I used a used CPU and GPU for essentially a tier up in performance over what I could afford new. But you should be fine with 8GB as long as it’s dual channel (2 sticks) and you could squeak by with 2666
Yeah the 8 GB is dual channel 2 4gb sticks. Think I'll go with that or the Rx 570 then upgrade my CPU to the Ryzen 5 3600 and rx580. Thanks for all the help. I'm assuming with the Rx 570 and gtx 1050 ti there will be pretty much no bottlenecking on medium settings.

Yeah the 8 GB is dual channel 2 4gb sticks. Think I'll go with that or the Rx 570 then upgrade my CPU to the Ryzen 5 3600 and rx580. Thanks for all the help. I'm assuming with the Rx 570 and gtx 1050 ti there will be pretty much no bottlenecking on medium settings.
570 from what I know is a high-medium card. Should handle max on most games at 1080p high on more demanding titles and medium on like SOTR

Sep 15, 2019
I bought a used Sapphire Nitro RX480 8gb for $89 and flashed it to a 580.
There are some great used deals on 570s and 580.

You can go with 2666mhz, but it is essential to get dual channel.

Excuse me of I missed you stating this, but what is the make and model of 450w psu? Something like a Corsair CX450 would be fine for a 570, but isld step up to a 550w for a 580.
Yes the power supply is a 450 watt Corsair, I may upgrade to like 550 watt though.

Sep 15, 2019
570 from what I know is a high-medium card. Should handle max on most games at 1080p high on more demanding titles and medium on like SOTR
Yeah, I know the card is good I was just wondering if it would completely bottle neck my CPU at high settings? Or if I should stick to medium with the CPU I have at the minute.

Sounds good.

Even though you are already using a 3000 series APU, I would update the bios to the latest revision before installing the 3600.

The 570 or 580 are great cards. Best value around.

Your cpu anf gpu will likely be a good pairing in most games with high settings. The 3600 will bump performance, expecially in core heavy games.

Sep 15, 2019
Sounds good.

Even though you are already using a 3000 series APU, I would update the bios to the latest revision before installing the 3600.

The 570 or 580 are great cards. Best value around.

Your cpu anf gpu will likely be a good pairing in most games with high settings. The 3600 will bump performance, expecially in core heavy games.
Thank you so much for replying and putting me at ease. I bought the CPU a week or so ago and was worried about the graphics card pairing. This is great. Gonna use the integrated graphics for like a month, not heavy gaming on it obviously until I get the money for an Rx 570. I'm assuming the motherboard I've got is alright with these too?

You will likely see high cpu usage and maybe a little stutter in very demanging games like gta, bf v, and assasins creed.

I rock a 4 core Ryzen 3 1200 with an overclock and tower cooler. Most people have their specs in thir signature below their posts. (Turn phone to landscape on mobile to see signatures)

Thank you so much for replying and putting me at ease. I bought the CPU a week or so ago and was worried about the graphics card pairing. This is great. Gonna use the integrated graphics for like a month, not heavy gaming on it obviously until I get the money for an Rx 570. I'm assuming the motherboard I've got is alright with these too?
If you’d have come before hand I’d have said to get a 2200g not a 3200 especially if you’re replacing it :)