What should I replace on my gaming PC??

Jul 25, 2018
my RIG:
GeForce 970
i5-4670 CPU @3.40GHz
RAM 16GB
Screen: 1920x1080, 60Hz

it been like 4-5 years i havent change my pc tbh its the time to change it,i mostly play games like overwtch/world of warcraft/dota2 i been noticing that my pc takes time in loading screen and it delay whenever any game starts, your suggesting is highly appreciated guys : )

Solution
@faisal_alrajhii

so I looked at a few online web site of computer store in Dubai, namely a Place called Microless for prices to balance things out to your budget so price may vary a bit in your area ( doing my best considering I am in the USA my friend) but here is a list I generated and adjusted with prices from Microless for you to get a better Idea.

yes it a complete upgrade except keeping the video card you already have (maybe upgrade it later.
the GTX 9870 can play games like PUBG etc as I have played it on medium without a problem and get over 100FPS.
next will be the monitor you have..

hope this help you. remember all price listed below were adjusted according to dubai prices (web site used: https://uae.microless.com/)...
What is your budget? Because if it was me. I'd upgrade to 8700k and get a Z370 mobo. 16GB of 3000+ mhz memory and a AIO cooler for CPU. Also a 1070 or higher GPU. I'd also change out your monitor for a 144herts monitor with 1ms and gsync.

But thats just me.

So basically... replace the whole system. Normally 5 years is around a good mark for replacements.

1. what is your gaming life like.... 1-2 hours a day play good games no AAA titles or 6-8 hours playing the latest greatest games
2. what is you budget for an upgrade, what was your vision, your needs on your current system
3. have you considered used market for parts? have you considered any parts ?
4. please state the location you are on this planet, as options vary a lot depending in what country your in

finally could you expand your make and model of the following parts please

motherboard
hard drive
monitor

The biggest difference would be adding an SSD and putting the games on that.

However we don't know what hard drives you have now.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Based on your computer specs and the issues you are having, I would change your hard drive to a good SSD one. That will greatly help with your load issues. Your other specs are not that bad. The next upgrade I would do is probably the video card. Then if you have money to throw around, the rest of your system.

Load delays will be mitigated by getting an SSD. I'd recommend no less than a 240GB model, but as large as you can afford. THIS is your weakest point right now, especially if you don't have a high performance HDD.

If you plan on sticking with 1080p resolution, yeah, your 970 is more on par with a 1050 or maybe at best, a 1060 3GB. It's okay, but I'd move up the ladder in the future. If you can wait, within a month to three months, the 11xx series will be out and may be worth a solid look for an upgrade.

Since your system is 4-5 years old, a complete rebuild may be in order when you do upgrade, but your current CPU still has some life. 16GB RAM is good. the 970 is okay for 1080p 60Hz med-high settings (depends on game)... As I stated at the beginning, your storage device (HDD) is your bottleneck.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Do you feel it's falling short anywhere? Because, other than load times (cleaning out temp files and defragging the HDD would help some), it seems like your system would be plenty capable. I would never say "it's been long enough, time to upgrade" because, frankly, until Ryzen came out, Intel didn't seem motivated to make any more than incremental changes to their successive generations of CPUs.

I personally am a fan of bigger monitors, and ultrawide aspect ratio. The increased field of view and "immersion" (a description I used to mock as a gimmick until I experienced it) is extremely satisfying. Such monitors tend to be pricey, though, and, once you go to a higher resolution, then your graphics card has to be upgraded to keep up.

But, if you like your current monitor, and you're not getting any slowdowns *while playing*, I'd say your system is just fine. Switching to an SSD (or using it as a supplement rather than a replacement) to your HDD, as has been suggested by several others, would make a very noticeable difference in load times.

Jul 25, 2018

Hello, Paladin
1. my play hours depends i play like 6-8 hours weekends rest of week 1-2 hours i play random games mostly latest games
2. my budget actually around 1000$
3. nope, no parts are considered since i have no idea with parts
4. i'm from Dubai friend

my motherboard: MSI H87-G43

for hard drive( i hope i got your question): it size 1 TB or ( Seagate SV35 Series ST31000526SV 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5 ) >.<!

for monitor its bit old i would go for 144hz

please if u have any more question i would like to replay

You will defiantly see a difference by adding an SSD in you game loading times.

Just add a good quality SSD like a Samsung 860 EVO 500GB and move your games over.

Ideally however a good 250 GB for the OS and some programs and then a 500GB for games or just get a 1 TB SSD to replace the 1 TB HD you have now.

You can image over the drive using Samsung drive migration software if you go with the 1TB SSD as a total replacement.

@faisal_alrajhii

so I looked at a few online web site of computer store in Dubai, namely a Place called Microless for prices to balance things out to your budget so price may vary a bit in your area ( doing my best considering I am in the USA my friend) but here is a list I generated and adjusted with prices from Microless for you to get a better Idea.

yes it a complete upgrade except keeping the video card you already have (maybe upgrade it later.
the GTX 9870 can play games like PUBG etc as I have played it on medium without a problem and get over 100FPS.
next will be the monitor you have..

hope this help you. remember all price listed below were adjusted according to dubai prices (web site used: https://uae.microless.com/)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($237.26)
Motherboard: MSI - B360 GAMING ARCTIC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($156.71)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($233.42)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($141.10)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($60.55)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0+ Video Card (Purchased For $0.00)
Case: Corsair - 270R ATX Mid Tower Case ($97.81)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($100.82)
Total: $1027.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-25 15:44 EDT-0400

also to be considered that you could sell the rest of your system as used parts, the I5 alone should fetch you $100 usd on the market. not counting the motherboard and ram.

Solution
Jul 25, 2018

Thank you mate I will add 144Hz monitor also