Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2020
Here is my build, (Link To Build)

I built it in 2017 but I want to upgrade since it seems all parts were not too future proof at the time. What price range would be fair game for this gaming desktop?

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
There are some pricey parts in there, ie: the CPU price, which is exactly the same as its release price in 2015, and that motherboard price is just insane, as I think it was less than half that when it was new.

Future-proofing is generally a pipe dream.

That said, how is your system falling short currently? I ask this, though, but would need to know what your monitor's resolution and refresh rate are, and if it has either of the adaptive sync technologies. Overall, though, I'm not sure there's any real reason to upgrade. The only real problem I can see is the single 16GB stick of RAM. That runs in single-channel mode, which hurts performance a bit. A matched 2x8GB kit would be better.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020
Future-proofing is generally a pipe dream.

The only real problem I can see is the single 16GB stick of RAM. That runs in single-channel mode, which hurts performance a bit. A matched 2x8GB kit would be better.

That said, how is your system falling short currently? I ask this, though, but would need to know what your monitor's resolution and refresh rate are, and if it has either of the adaptive sync technologies. Overall, though, I'm not sure there's any real reason to upgrade.
Oops thanks for pointing that out to me, I do have the 2x8 of that ram just clicked the wrong one. And yes I guess I should also mention that I'm looking to upgrade to an rtx itx so that is why I feel this pc may lack just a bit. I have dual monitors running 144hz with Vsync and Gsync off for the most part and play all my games in 1080p. I get 60 and over for must games on ultra settings but this itx build I think will just be better since I travel so much back and forth from between home, college, and internships. Since I stay a few days here or there or sometimes even weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.