[SOLVED] What should I upgrade? Any help would be great!

Chill1822

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Built a pc for gaming a couple years ago and looking to upgrade but not sure what needs it the most.
Currently running:
Asus z170-AR
I7-6700k
RTX 2070
Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400MHz 2x8 (16 total)
Two 144hz monitors running at 1080p ( Second monitor is mostly just discord and chrome)

Any suggestions would help.

Solution
Yea I drop below 60 here and there on Med high settings most of the time. Just looking for the next upgrade to maybe keep me above 60 and would like to play high settings if I can
As a test try dropping the resolution to 720p. If you achieve the FPS you want then this is a sign you are best with a gpu upgrade. However if you still don’t get the FPS you want then something else is holding you back, most likely cpu but we can look into what the cpu is doing.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Built a pc for gaming a couple years ago and looking to upgrade but not sure what needs it the most.
Currently running:
Asus z170-AR
I7-6700k
RTX 2070
Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400MHz 2x8 (16 total)
Two 144hz monitors running at 1080p ( Second monitor is mostly just discord and chrome)

Any suggestions would help.
By the looks of your spec the Motherboard and CPU seem to be your oldest parts, I would upgrade that if I were with that system, might want to mention your PSU too, best upgrade that before the MB & CPU.

Chill1822

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
What do you do/play on your pc?
Budget?
What/s the psu?
I play stuff like Escape from Tarkov, Warzone, Ark, Valheim, and some DayZ. And those type games.
not too concerned with budget atm but don’t want the most expensive options if possible. The psu i believe is a 750 watt powerspec

Reactions: Why_Me

Chill1822

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Is there something specific you find lacking? For example you cannot achieve the FPS you want or you want to run higher game settings.
Yea I drop below 60 here and there on Med high settings most of the time. Just looking for the next upgrade to maybe keep me above 60 and would like to play high settings if I can

As a test try dropping the resolution to 720p. If you achieve the FPS you want then this is a sign you are best with a gpu upgrade. However if you still don’t get the FPS you want then something else is holding you back, most likely cpu but we can look into what the cpu is doing.

Solution