What should I upgrade first? Cpu or Gpu?

BlackAce00

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Hey everyone i just want to say what should i upgrade first my gpu or cpu? Currently i have an intel core2duo 2.2ghz and a geforce 8400gs i was thinking about upgrading my cpu to a fx 6300 and buying a new mobo or should i upgrade my graphics card and psu to a geforece gtx 780.

But im afraid that i might bottleneck my dual core So what should i do? Thanks in advanced guys :) i am planing to play battlefied 4 League of legends and Metro last light etc. I will be playing on a 1680 x 1050 monitor. Let me know if u need anymore information

Solution
LOL and BF4 need a fast cpu, otherwise your fps drops suddenly to catch back up. If you can OC that cpu I'd get a video card. If not than get a high end AMD apu until you can afford a new video card (This. The 8400GS is trash, IDK how you load BF4.

My solution is a AMD 7850K which is a faster cpu and faster GPU and is cheaper than a 780. You should max lol, and play BF4 better for sure. THAN when you get the money again get a new GPU. It's a win-win

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
LOL and BF4 need a fast cpu, otherwise your fps drops suddenly to catch back up. If you can OC that cpu I'd get a video card. If not than get a high end AMD apu until you can afford a new video card (This. The 8400GS is trash, IDK how you load BF4.

My solution is a AMD 7850K which is a faster cpu and faster GPU and is cheaper than a 780. You should max lol, and play BF4 better for sure. THAN when you get the money again get a new GPU. It's a win-win

Solution