[SOLVED] WHAT SHOULD I UPGRADE FIRST GIVEN MY TIGHT BUDGET (CPU) OR(RAM and SSD)?

Dec 26, 2020
I have a tight budget and my pc specs as of now is:
CPU: Intel Pentium g4560
GPU: Palit GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: DDR4 8gb single stick 2400Mhz
MOBO: MSI B250M
HDD: 500gb
PSU: 600watts

I mostly do gaming and I have noticed FPS drops in all of my games like LoL, Dota2, Witcher 3, and many more. My PC also hangs frequently. My budget can only handle buying an i5-7500 OR 8gb ram with a 256gb SSD. I need some advice in order to buy wisely or of you have any suggestions for my upgrade path. Thanks guys.

Solution
You really have 2 options, upgrade it as is and get more performance now, or make it a tiny bit better now but open a bigger path for the future.

If you ask me, I would personally get the ssd (it's really a must nowadays..) and swap platforms.
Even a ryzen 3 3100 and an A520 motherboard would be much better than what you have now.

This would give you a bit more performance today, and a much better upgrade path for the future.

If you get an i5 7500, you would not be able to upgrade that pc in any meaningful way, besides throwing that 7500 away and getting a new motherboard cpu combo.
You really have 2 options, upgrade it as is and get more performance now, or make it a tiny bit better now but open a bigger path for the future.

If you ask me, I would personally get the ssd (it's really a must nowadays..) and swap platforms.
Even a ryzen 3 3100 and an A520 motherboard would be much better than what you have now.

This would give you a bit more performance today, and a much better upgrade path for the future.

If you get an i5 7500, you would not be able to upgrade that pc in any meaningful way, besides throwing that 7500 away and getting a new motherboard cpu combo.

Solution
Dec 26, 2020

Thank you!