[SOLVED] What should I upgrade first to improve gaming performance?

Feb 21, 2019
Here is my current build
CPU: Intel Xeon X5650
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
HDD: WD 1 tb
RAM: 6x2 GB
MBD: Asus rampage III extreme

I know my CPU isn't really a "gaming" cpu and my uncle gave me most of the parts but which would be the most worthwhile upgrade for a decent price?

Solution
What would you consider a decent price? I think the best upgrades would be a CPU/MOBO (I would recommend I5-6600K and supported mobo to match the GPU) This would also make future upgrades easier as that is quite an old board. After that i would upgrade RAM it would be better to have for example 2x6GB matching sticks than 6x2GB even though it costs a little extra. If you want to play new games at high resolution and very high settings i would say wait until you can afford a GPU upgrade aswell then just by basically a new PC (CPU/MOBO/GPU/RAM, just re-using the less performance critical components such as PSU/Hard drive/Case etc. to lower the cost.

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
What would you consider a decent price? I think the best upgrades would be a CPU/MOBO (I would recommend I5-6600K and supported mobo to match the GPU) This would also make future upgrades easier as that is quite an old board. After that i would upgrade RAM it would be better to have for example 2x6GB matching sticks than 6x2GB even though it costs a little extra. If you want to play new games at high resolution and very high settings i would say wait until you can afford a GPU upgrade aswell then just by basically a new PC (CPU/MOBO/GPU/RAM, just re-using the less performance critical components such as PSU/Hard drive/Case etc. to lower the cost.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS