Question What should i upgrade for gaming? Need Help

Nov 20, 2019
I currently have i5 7400 + RX 570. I would like to upgrade for smooth high fps gaming, do i upgrade cpu so i get more smooth fps or gpu but dont know what to get cause im worried about bottleneck.

It depends upon what games you will play. And, I do not know your budget. Your CPU is 4 core and 4 threads and you need at least 8 threads, and that means at least 4 cores and 8 threads for a CPU, minimum. If all you are going to do is play World of Warcraft type games then what you have will get you what you need.

It is a different story if you want to play more demanding games. Please let us know what you are interested in and how much money you can afford to spend.

For games that are moderately demanding, currently the Ryzen 3600 is the sweet spot for a CPU and the AMD 5700 for a video card. You will need a new motherboard and do not get the most inexpensive board, something around $150 should do a good job for many years to come.

The minimum outlay for a good motherboard, CPU and video card combination would be around $680 plus tax and shipping.

It all comes down to your budget.