[SOLVED] What should I upgrade for Recording?

Mar 16, 2022
Hello! I'm not really into PC's to the extent of building and knowing what's better or not so I would appreciate some support in knowing what I need to upgrade and suggestions of what to. Below is some information, thank you in advance!

Game to Record: FiveM (GTA5 Roleplay)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 6 Core 3600 Mhz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660

Solution
When it comes to FiveM, because of all the addon cars and extended texture budgets alongside graphic mods etc etc that you don't have to worry about in regular GTA5, when I record on FiveM I do run into more issues. And I do use a 2 TB drive for gaming and my 500 for recording.
Depending on how it is recorded you can burn through about 100GB of space per hour.
EDIT if your using a bunch of mods the first place I would look is how much of your memory is being used. Haven't used W11 yet but I know W10 can use about 22% of your 16GB of memory right of the bat. I'm at 13% of my 32GB with just windows, this page and my Logitech software running.
Mar 16, 2022
When it comes to FiveM, because of all the addon cars and extended texture budgets alongside graphic mods etc etc that you don't have to worry about in regular GTA5, when I record on FiveM I do run into more issues. And I do use a 2 TB drive for gaming and my 500 for recording.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Depending on how it is recorded you can burn through about 100GB of space per hour.
EDIT if your using a bunch of mods the first place I would look is how much of your memory is being used. Haven't used W11 yet but I know W10 can use about 22% of your 16GB of memory right of the bat. I'm at 13% of my 32GB with just windows, this page and my Logitech software running.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dehzmised
Solution

TRENDING THREADS