[SOLVED] What should I upgrade in my pc first?

Trevor02

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
My uncle built me a PC for gaming years back but I wanna upgrade it now. I've got about $600 in my budget and don't know what to upgrade, I've been trying to do research on it, but I just keep flipping back and forth on my options.

PC:
GPU- GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
CPU- i7-4790
MOBO- MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Solution
- I'm going to guess that you have a 60hz. 1080p monitor. A GTX 1660 Super would give you good results for 1080p.

- You should really replace that power supply. My suggestion would be a Corsair RM550x or Seasonic Focus GX-550. If you want a little extra reserve power you could go with a 650 watt model but a 550 can do the job.

- Your system memory may need upgrading to 16GB. You could try the GPU and PSU first, then monitor memory usage to determine if you need more.

RealBeast

Titan
My uncle built me a PC for gaming years back but I wanna upgrade it now. I've got about $600 in my budget and don't know what to upgrade, I've been trying to do research on it, but I just keep flipping back and forth on my options.

PC:
GPU- GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
CPU- i7-4790
What is your most important use(s), still gaming?
What PSU? What storage, memory, monitor?
What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Phaaze88

PC:
GPU- GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
CPU- i7-4790
The i7-4790 is still a capable CPU. A new more powerfull GPU and likely a new power supply would be a good upgrade for you. If you're running 8GB memory you may want to get a new 16GB kit.

Reactions: Phaaze88
- I'm going to guess that you have a 60hz. 1080p monitor. A GTX 1660 Super would give you good results for 1080p.

- You should really replace that power supply. My suggestion would be a Corsair RM550x or Seasonic Focus GX-550. If you want a little extra reserve power you could go with a 650 watt model but a 550 can do the job.

- Your system memory may need upgrading to 16GB. You could try the GPU and PSU first, then monitor memory usage to determine if you need more.

Reactions: RealBeast
Solution

Trevor02

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016

Thank you for the help, I'll definitely look into doing that.

TRENDING THREADS