[SOLVED] What should I upgrade my desktop?

Kimber Ker

Commendable
May 13, 2020
Hello everyone, I am new here and I have a little knowledge about computer parts. I do not play much games and as of now it is just Dota 2. I did face a few issue with my desktop. I have just fully reformatted it and I am facing with Disk Usage of 90% to 100%. Under my Device Manager > Display adapters, there is only my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760. Is it suppose to show my Intel i7 adaptor too?
I build my desktop back in 2014 and I wish to upgrade it. Here is the specs:

Motherboard: MSI H97 Gaming 3
CPU: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr
Monitor: ASUS VP278
RAM: 2 x 8GB RipJaws-X DDR3
HDD: 1TB SATA3
Power supply: Thermaltake Smart SE 730W Bronze PSU
Case: Coolermaster Elite 431 Plus Mid Tower
Internet Adapter: Asus Duel-Band Gigabit Router(RT-AC68U)

Thank you in advance!!

Solution
There are several windows services, that can cause high disk usage:
windows updates,​
search indexer,​
defragmenter,​
windows defender.​

Use Resource Monitor (disk tab, Disk Activity section) to determine, what's causing disk utilization.
Anyway - SSD solves that.

You can also check health of your HDD. Use HDtune health. Post screenshots.
I am facing with Disk Usage of 90% to 100%.
Get SSD. Crucial MX500 or Samsung 860 evo.

Under my Device Manager > Display adapters, there is only my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760. Is it suppose to show my Intel i7 adaptor too?
No. It's not supposed to.
With discrete graphics card installed, integrated graphics gets disabled. It can be enabled in BIOS. But if you enable it, portion of ram will be assigned to iGPU and your system will have less ram available.

Kimber Ker

Commendable
May 13, 2020
Get SSD. Crucial MX500 or Samsung 860 evo.

No. It's not supposed to.
With discrete graphics card installed, integrated graphics gets disabled. It can be enabled in BIOS. But if you enable it, portion of ram will be assigned to iGPU and your system will have less ram available.

I sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean in task manager, sometimes my disk is close to 100%. If not it will be around 40 to 50% when there is no activity running.

There are several windows services, that can cause high disk usage:
windows updates,​
search indexer,​
defragmenter,​
windows defender.​

Use Resource Monitor (disk tab, Disk Activity section) to determine, what's causing disk utilization.
Anyway - SSD solves that.

You can also check health of your HDD. Use HDtune health. Post screenshots.

Solution