What should I upgrade next? (Besides GPU)

Dec 4, 2018
I recently built my first gaming pc to play games like Fortnite, Rainbow Six, and Call Of Duty. I can run these games at medium to high, but I want some better performance, so I can do some light video and photo editing, and be able to stream. I am planning to upgrade my GPU, to either a GTX 1070 or one of AMD's new Navi GPUS, if and when they become available. I am wondering what else to upgrade to give my system some more performance. Here are my specs:

CPU- Ryzen 5 1600
MOBO- MSI B350 Tomahawk ATX
GPU-MSI Aero ITX RX 560 4gb
RAM- 8GB of Ballistix sport at 2400mhz
CPU Cooler- Coolermaster ML240L AIO
PSU- Powerspec 650 Semi-modular PSU
Case- NZXT H500i
SSD-240gb SSD for OS, and Favorite games
HDD- 680gb HDD

I'm sort of in the same category as you, however I have a R7 1700. My plan is to upgrade my processor to the latest equivalent in 2020, as that will be the last year processors are released for the AM4 platform. The biggest upgrade you can make for Ryzen right now, is a higher frequency 16gb DDR4 kit (3200mhz), with 14ms latency timings. Not only will you benefit from the mhz, but the higher capacity will allow you to game triple A titles, background tasks, streaming and video editing with ease. Because I can most certainly tell you that you'll use or are using up the 8gb DDR4 already.