Question What should i upgrade next from my build?

WildCard999

Titan
I'd upgrade the memory to 16gb, upgrade the PSU (for a GPU upgrade), upgrade the GPU to the 2070 if the budget allows and if your gaming at 1080P then I'd consider a monitor upgrade to 1440P or 3440x1440P if your games support 21:9. (would upgrade in this order as well)

Budget?

RoboFTW

Reputable
Feb 28, 2017
I'd upgrade the memory to 16gb, upgrade the PSU (for a GPU upgrade), upgrade the GPU to the 2070 if the budget allows and if your gaming at 1080P then I'd consider a monitor upgrade to 1440P or 3440x1440P if your games support 21:9. (would upgrade in this order as well)

Budget?
No specific budget at the moment. Was just hoping to see what people would recommend so i can maybe equal my build out a bit and improve it. Thanks for the recommendations though. I felt maybe the mobo is likely whats needed to be upgraded more than anything else?

WildCard999

Titan
No specific budget at the moment. Was just hoping to see what people would recommend so i can maybe equal my build out a bit and improve it. Thanks for the recommendations though. I felt maybe the mobo is likely whats needed to be upgraded more than anything else?
Well if you upgrade the motherboard to a Z270 or Z170 with updated BIOS it would allow you to overclock that CPU but then your going to want to get a much better CPU cooler as that 212 isn't going to cut it.

RoboFTW

Reputable
Feb 28, 2017
Well if you upgrade the motherboard to a Z270 or Z170 with updated BIOS it would allow you to overclock that CPU but then your going to want to get a much better CPU cooler as that 212 isn't going to cut it.
Is my current motherboard utilizing my cpu fine right now? W/o overclocking it? I know my motherboard doesn't allow my RAM to be utilized completely

WildCard999

Titan
Is my current motherboard utilizing my cpu fine right now? W/o overclocking it? I know my motherboard doesn't allow my RAM to be utilized completely
Yea the motherboard is fine, while you can't overclock the CPU will boost the cores when needed. As for the memory it's not a big concern, memory speeds at least for Intel have a very little impact on gaming. 2133 to 3200 for example would be like 2-5 FPS for Intel but if it was a AMD Ryzen system the difference could be as high as 25 FPS.