Question What should I upgrade next?

Mar 18, 2022
Just trying to get anyone’s opinion on what my next upgrade should be - I play CoD/Warzone & Fortnite mostly.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU
NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING OC 12GB
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB(4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16(White)
NZXT Kraken Z73 RGB 360mm CPU Liquid Cooler(White)
NZXT C850 850 Watt 80+ Gold PSU
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard
WD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE NVMe M.2 SSD
WD_BLACK 2TB Performance HDD - 7200RPM
NZXT H710i ATX Mid Tower PC Gaming Case(White/Black)

I know it’s a decent PC for gaming, but I know it could be way better. Just looking to see what you guys think I should do as I use a 280Hz 1ms ASUS gaming monitor.

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2022
The RTX 3060 only averaged 95FPS at 1080p Ultra settings across the 13 games used in Tomshardware's review. That means you aren't even getting 1/2 the FPS that your monitor can handle. Upping the GPU is a good place to start. Are you running your games off the HDD or the NVMe?
Yeah I definitely understand what you’re saying, but I do run everything on low/performance mode because I only play competitive at least 90% of the time.
I do run all my games off of the NVMe SSD which I’m sure helps quite a bit..
What GPU should be like the minimum I go for?
Like a RTX 3080 at least or better ?

Yeah I definitely understand what you’re saying, but I do run everything on low/performance mode because I only play competitive at least 90% of the time.
I do run all my games off of the NVMe SSD which I’m sure helps quite a bit..
What GPU should be like the minimum I go for?
Like a RTX 3080 at least or better ?
We are all of a couple months away from RTX 4000 and RX7000 releases. I would wait until those GPUs have been released and make a decision then. It is possible that the RTX4060 might offer RTX3070 or higher performance.

Reactions: Dyphonyx