[SOLVED] What should I upgrade on my PC first?

gue.erick28

Prominent
Jan 1, 2019
I use my PC for mild gaming and multitasking online and was wondering what would be the best part to upgrade on my PC first.

My Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-4300
Graphics Card: 2048MB ATI Radeon RX 460 Graphics
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz
Power Supply: MasterWatt 650W
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2
Hard Drive: 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device

I'm not the best at understanding all of this yet so any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Based on your current specifications, I'd likely suggest an upgrade with your GPU, maybe to a 1050ti, or 1060

Also i didn't really see anything about your hard drive listed here, but a solid state drive would give you a significant performance increase if you don't already have one.

Furthermore, if you ever plan on upgrading to a newer CPU/motherboard in the future then the SSD and GPU would be compatible.

Tumeden

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016
Based on your current specifications, I'd likely suggest an upgrade with your GPU, maybe to a 1050ti, or 1060

Also i didn't really see anything about your hard drive listed here, but a solid state drive would give you a significant performance increase if you don't already have one.

Furthermore, if you ever plan on upgrading to a newer CPU/motherboard in the future then the SSD and GPU would be compatible.

Solution

gue.erick28

Prominent
Jan 1, 2019

Thank you very much. I have also added my hard drive to the list (931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device). I will look into the parts and hopefully get it quite soon.

The only option is to consider the motherboard first and sadly you have to upgrade CPU, RAM as well. But without doing so there’s no point putting a graphic card in your system. Painfully you will not see any performance upscale even you spent some on a Graphic card.

So my suggestion is to start it with the motherboard. Or else just don’t save them for a completely new one.