[SOLVED] What should I upgrade on this current model?

Sean_86

Reputable
Sep 28, 2016
Hi, I recently got this and idk what to upgrade. I’m thinking I want new ram but idk what ram would be compatible.

Solution
From the link you provided, I can't pinpoint the mobo model but it says its a b350 atx mobo. And it also says there is one m.2 slot and 2 2.5" and 2 3.5" bays. So from that I can infer that there is enough expansion space for a user.

You can easily install a m.2 ssd or nvme drive in the m.2 slot. Also you can use one of the 2.5" bays inside your desktop tower case for a 2.5" ssd.

If you have no clue as you have said, I could guide you how to install an ssd on your desktop but it would be too lengthy. So I thought i would just link you some basic youtube videos on how to install m.2 drives and 2.5" ssds.

And read the manual that came with your pc and also the mobo manual to know where the m.2 slot is, if you cant figure it out...

ajjaatar.tech

Prominent
Nov 16, 2018
From what I could see from the link, it says its running a ddr4 2133 mhz ram stick. its highly recommended that you get another one of the exact same brand and specs, which would be the best case scenario. But if you cant get the same ram stick, try to find another one that would match the specs of your ram stick(most people get away with this but there are no guarantees that it would work).

And I highly recommend adding a ssd to your system to have your boot drive on it, at least. The experience on ssd vs hdd is day and night. you will thank yourself for adding an ssd. These should be your priorities for upgrades.

Sean_86

Reputable
Sep 28, 2016

I have no clue where to put an ssd card. This pc has no disk drive or mount. Also, how many gbs should a good ssd be?

ajjaatar.tech

Prominent
Nov 16, 2018
From the link you provided, I can't pinpoint the mobo model but it says its a b350 atx mobo. And it also says there is one m.2 slot and 2 2.5" and 2 3.5" bays. So from that I can infer that there is enough expansion space for a user.

You can easily install a m.2 ssd or nvme drive in the m.2 slot. Also you can use one of the 2.5" bays inside your desktop tower case for a 2.5" ssd.

If you have no clue as you have said, I could guide you how to install an ssd on your desktop but it would be too lengthy. So I thought i would just link you some basic youtube videos on how to install m.2 drives and 2.5" ssds.

And read the manual that came with your pc and also the mobo manual to know where the m.2 slot is, if you cant figure it out yourself.

for the 2.5" ssd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JOxKSkkdMM

for m.2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCTFABytrYA (first locate where your mobo's m.2 slot)

And if you need more help, let me know.

Solution

Sean_86

Reputable
Sep 28, 2016

Yeah the videos helped a lot. Now my issue is I dont have a drive bay for a 2.5" which seem to generally be the better and faster ssds (I could be wrong).

ajjaatar.tech

Prominent
Nov 16, 2018
Firstly, your motherboard has one m.2 slot for m.2 ssds or nvme drives.

Desktop cases vary a lot. So, yours necessarily will not have the same storage expansion mechanisms as say for example the drive bays in the video I linked you before. So, yes you might not have a drive bay in your case, but you definitely have some other mechanism for ssd or hdd storage expansion.

So, your storage expansion options are to go with m.2 ssds/nvme or 2.5" ssds/hdds or 3.5" hdds. And do yourself a favor and dont buy hdds.

And can you please confirm which desktop case you have. Is it phanteks eclipse p400? if that is the one then here is the user manual, and there are clear instructions in the user manual about how to install 2.5" and 3.5" drives http://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/PH-EC416P_Western.pdf

If the above is not your model of desktop casing, please let me know which one you have.