[SOLVED] What should i upgrade to improve performance and reduce lag/loading times

Oct 16, 2021
I've had this pc coming up on 3 years now and all i have added to it is storage and ram, but I'm thinking about upgrading it as sometimes it runs slow, takes awhile to load and the performance just drops some days even though the recommended GeForce settings suggest it can handle all my games at max settings.

Windows 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
MOBO: ASUSTeK Prime A320M-K
Storage: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Seagate ST2000DM006 Barracuda 2 TB Hard Drive
Seagate 12TB ST12000DM0007 BarraCuda Pro 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

RAM: 16GB
Power: Corsair VS450

Just having trouble figuring out what needs upgraded.

Solution
unless it's at a low resolution and/or frame rates i wouldn't expect this system to run any modern AAA games at max settings.
that's a 2 generation old card that was only mid-tier at the time of release and a low-tier CPU.

you may want to try uninstalling GeForce Experience and setting your own 3D profiles for games directly through Nvidia Control Panel.

also a lot of Corsair VS units are very unreliable and could be causing issue with power delivery.
you also don't mention memory make/model. Ryzen CPU's performance can depend on their paired RAM speed & timings.
unless it's at a low resolution and/or frame rates i wouldn't expect this system to run any modern AAA games at max settings.
that's a 2 generation old card that was only mid-tier at the time of release and a low-tier CPU.

you may want to try uninstalling GeForce Experience and setting your own 3D profiles for games directly through Nvidia Control Panel.

also a lot of Corsair VS units are very unreliable and could be causing issue with power delivery.
you also don't mention memory make/model. Ryzen CPU's performance can depend on their paired RAM speed & timings.

Solution
I've had this pc coming up on 3 years now and all i have added to it is storage and ram, but I'm thinking about upgrading it as sometimes it runs slow, takes awhile to load and the performance just drops some days even though the recommended GeForce settings suggest it can handle all my games at max settings.

Windows 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
MOBO: ASUSTeK Prime A320M-K
Storage: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Seagate ST2000DM006 Barracuda 2 TB Hard Drive
Seagate 12TB ST12000DM0007 BarraCuda Pro 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

RAM: 16GB
Power: Corsair VS450

Just having trouble figuring out what needs upgraded.
Parts wise get a new psu and add a 100w.

Do a little house cleaning.
Uninstall unneeded stuff.
Run a pass of disk cleanup and don't forget the system files button.
Let windows optimize all the disk.