What should I upgrade?

LlamaCat

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013
Hello people.

So, I decided to upgrade my gaming rig in about 2.5 - 3 months, and I don't really know what to upgrade. I want to be able to play new-released and old games on highest settings for at least 2 - 3 years. Here's my current system;

Intel Core i5 4670k
MSI GTX 770 Twİn Frozr
GSkill Sniper 8GB (2x4)
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Sandisk Extreme II 120GB
Cooler Master HAF 912 PLUS (750W)
Cooler Master X6

And peripherals;

Razer Anansi
Razer Naga
Razer Kraken Pro

Display;

BenQ XL2420T

So, what should I upgrade? I was thinking of either buying a second 770 to SLI, or a 780Ti so I can use my 770 as a PhysX card. But I am also considering Dogecoin mining. So, what do you think I should do? Thanks iin advance.

Also, can I get 3 760's, or 3 670's and use them with my 770? I mean, 3-way SLI the 670's and use 770 as PhysX or whatever?

Thanks.

-LlamaCat

Solution
There was an article on Tom's awhile back that showed diminishing returns on Tri-SLI 760 setups. The issue you run into is that at 1080p, you don't notice the framerate gains, and on multiple monitors, the narrow memory bus just can't hold a candle to the higher end cards because of their faster memory speeds.

If you're looking to upgrade your already sweet setup, I would either go with a 780 Ti or a second 770 to SLI, and two more XL2420T's for some awesome Surround gaming.

MurrayA

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
to be honest you should be fine with what you have. you have the latest of pretty much everything. If your wanting to upgrade maybe think about 2 ssd'd on raid 0 and/or getting a 780ti

But what you have just now should stomp games for the next 2 years

CraigN

Distinguished
There was an article on Tom's awhile back that showed diminishing returns on Tri-SLI 760 setups. The issue you run into is that at 1080p, you don't notice the framerate gains, and on multiple monitors, the narrow memory bus just can't hold a candle to the higher end cards because of their faster memory speeds.

If you're looking to upgrade your already sweet setup, I would either go with a 780 Ti or a second 770 to SLI, and two more XL2420T's for some awesome Surround gaming.

Solution

AnEwG

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
IMHO I think you already have a great rig as it is and unless you are not satisfied with performance you should save your money or at least wait until nVidia releases Maxwell cards.

Edit: You can also buy a monitor with G-sync support, it would be a great addition to your system.