what should i upgrade ?

Arshu

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
i have a hp laptop with 4 gb ram and 500 gb hdd. i want to play my virtual machine smoothly without any lags. For that what should i upgrade 8 gb ram or ssd. If ssd i have sata1. Can i get sata3 6Gbs and get the maximum speed ? how can i get the max speed of sata 3 in sata1 ? pls hlp me guys

Solution
You cant get the speed of Sata III. Its that simple. You will be able to use it, but only at the 150Mb/s Sata 1 speed. If your laptop is Sata 1 it may be time to get a new one if you want to see any true performance increases. RAM again might make a slight difference but probably not as much as you want.

GameFreak01048

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Hello!

I think that because of the spec of your system it would be a good idea for you to upgrade to a system with 8GB of RAM and you should also get an SSD as well because then loading times will be significantly faster and lag should not happen at all on the system itself although your network connection could be a factor for a laggy connection :)

You cant get the speed of Sata III. Its that simple. You will be able to use it, but only at the 150Mb/s Sata 1 speed. If your laptop is Sata 1 it may be time to get a new one if you want to see any true performance increases. RAM again might make a slight difference but probably not as much as you want.

Solution

Arshu

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

Thanks man ! u got me out of a confusion. am gonna get some ssd in sata 1. can you suggest me a one ?

There's no point as a good mechanical HDD can basically max out Sata I and are a fraction of the price. Get a good Seagate Barracuda or WD Black would be my advice. Otherwise you'd be wasting money. Maybe even an SSHD might be a good choice, but I dont think there are any SSD's designed purely for Sata I as all on the market are like 3 times faster than SATA I capabilities.