[SOLVED] What should I upgrade?

Feb 5, 2019
Hi! So I have recently built a computer and I was wondering, after some time what I could upgrade. I am thinking already to add some extra fans so no need for that.
Thank you!

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard: Asrock B450M Pro4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHX 2x8GB
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: Cooler Master V550
Case: Meshify C TG(light tint)

Solution
First off, thanks for the compliment! The monitor is an Iiyama G2530HSU-B1. The keyboard is a Razer Cynosa Chroma, Redragon M711 as a mouse and as a headset a Cloud Alpha.
Damn, all good parts so nothing I would really consider 🤣

The only thing to maybe upgrade would be the monitor, if your games support 21:9 then going with a 2560x1080P/75hz/IPS or VA monitor could be a solid upgrade and if you have the desk space then you can use your current as a secondary for web/YT/Netflix/etc. A 29" 21:9 would have close to the same height as your current 24" 16:9/

If you have a big enough budget then I'd look at 3440x1440P/75hz+/IPS or VA with a GPU upgrade such as the RTX 2070.

WildCard999

Titan
First off, thanks for the compliment! The monitor is an Iiyama G2530HSU-B1. The keyboard is a Razer Cynosa Chroma, Redragon M711 as a mouse and as a headset a Cloud Alpha.

The only thing to maybe upgrade would be the monitor, if your games support 21:9 then going with a 2560x1080P/75hz/IPS or VA monitor could be a solid upgrade and if you have the desk space then you can use your current as a secondary for web/YT/Netflix/etc. A 29" 21:9 would have close to the same height as your current 24" 16:9/

If you have a big enough budget then I'd look at 3440x1440P/75hz+/IPS or VA with a GPU upgrade such as the RTX 2070.

Solution
Feb 5, 2019

Ok then, I think I will stick with what I have for now. Thank you so much for your help!

WildCard999

Titan
Ok then, I think I will stick with what I have for now. Thank you so much for your help!
Your welcome! Ryzen 3rd gen is coming up in the next few months as well as AMD Navi GPU's rumored to come out in July so it may be worth waiting.

While it's probably overkill for my needs I may make the leap from my 2600 to the 3700 as apparently it can be pushed to 5ghz and outperforms the 9900K (rumors) and for $299 that's pretty good.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-everything-we-know,38233.html

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Apart from bumping up the monitor, the only other thing I'd upgrade would be a matching gpu. Moving to 1440p 75Hz will push that 1060 to its limits in many games, a 1660ti/1070 or better would be advisable.

Then, of course, there's also gimmicks like cpu cooler and RGB etc.

But other than that, your build is solid. Honestly, I'd not go for 3rd gen Ryzen unless you plan on mobo change too. 3rd gen is supposed to come with other abilities, like pcie 4.0 ability and other chipset improvements. While it's still backwards compatible AM4, it'd be like dropping your 2600 in a B350 mobo, it'll work but not take real advantage of its improvements.

Feb 5, 2019
Your welcome! Ryzen 3rd gen is coming up in the next few months as well as AMD Navi GPU's rumored to come out in July so it may be worth waiting.

While it's probably overkill for my needs I may make the leap from my 2600 to the 3700 as apparently it can be pushed to 5ghz and outperforms the 9900K (rumors) and for $299 that's pretty good.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-everything-we-know,38233.html

Thanks for the advice! But I still need to do some thinking.

Feb 5, 2019
Apart from bumping up the monitor, the only other thing I'd upgrade would be a matching gpu. Moving to 1440p 75Hz will push that 1060 to its limits in many games, a 1660ti/1070 or better would be advisable.

Then, of course, there's also gimmicks like cpu cooler and RGB etc.

But other than that, your build is solid. Honestly, I'd not go for 3rd gen Ryzen unless you plan on mobo change too. 3rd gen is supposed to come with other abilities, like pcie 4.0 ability and other chipset improvements. While it's still backwards compatible AM4, it'd be like dropping your 2600 in a B350 mobo, it'll work but not take real advantage of its improvements.

Actually, I think I'm fine with 1080p but that could definitely be an option!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Most of it looks good,only thing i'm eyeballing is that lower quality psu you chose. But if it works fine could you keep on using it.Stil for such a nice system not the psu i would have chosen. If you don't have a aftermarket cpu cooler could you also look at that,might help with that cpu doing it's turbo boosting since temps are a large part of what might keep that back.