[SOLVED] What should I upgrade?

Feb 5, 2019
Hi! I would like to to ask what I should upgrade in terms of hard ware in my PC.
Thank you in advance!
Components:
Amd Ryzen 5 2600X
Asrock B450M Pro4
HyperX Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 2x8GB
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Toshiba L200 500GB HDD
Fractal Design Meshify C TG
Cooler Master 550V
Gigabyte 1060 6GB Windforce OC

Solution
Depends, it's a fairly solid build (apart from maybe the Cooler Master PSU depending on what model it is).
The 2600X could theoretically jump to the 2070 but this would only really be appropriate playing above 1080p.

What resolution are you playing at?
And more importantly, why do you want to upgrade?
You could use an i5-2400 with a 2070. The frame rates with the i5 won't be as fast as an i7-9700k but it would still work and the GPU would still be faster than using a GTX 1060 with the same CPU. Don't say that you can only use upto a 2070 with X CPU unless there isn't a physical connection to the motherboard for that GPU, ie AGP motherboard and PCIe GPU.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Depends, it's a fairly solid build (apart from maybe the Cooler Master PSU depending on what model it is).
The 2600X could theoretically jump to the 2070 but this would only really be appropriate playing above 1080p.

You could use an i5-2400 with a 2070. The frame rates with the i5 won't be as fast as an i7-9700k but it would still work and the GPU would still be faster than using a GTX 1060 with the same CPU. Don't say that you can only use upto a 2070 with X CPU unless there isn't a physical connection to the motherboard for that GPU, ie AGP motherboard and PCIe GPU.

Reactions: ElectrO_90
Solution
What's your budget?
What do you want from the upgrade?
What res do you want to play at?

Totally agree with J above. The computer will run any GPU you want it to run and can afford.
Just because it doesn't max it out all the time, doesn't mean he wouldn't benefit from a 2080ti over a 2070. If price was not an issue.