Jun 16, 2019
I’m not to sure if this is the correct thread or not but the solution I think of is mostly close to the CPU section of the forums. Not too long ago, I discovered that my streams were having a bit of issues with some games, while for other players have no problem. I was wondering what the issue could’ve been and saw that they all had better CPU’s and I was asking myself if this was something that I needed to upgrade or if it was something else that caused the issues.
Current Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-4790
GPU: GTX 1080
RAM: DDR3 1600

Ok. Had you been planning at all for a new build? Now's a great time with prices and Ryzen closeouts. I would have mentioned an overclock to see if it helps, but you have the non-k version it seems. Your GPU is still solid these days considering. Had one myself.

Jun 16, 2019
I've been planning for an upgrade but I only have money to either upgrade just the CPU pack(CPU, Motherboard and ram) or GPU. If it is the CPU that I've got to upgrade, I was planning to buy the Ryzen 9 3950X with the Asus X570 Pro and 16 GB of DDR4 3200. If it was the GPU that needs and upgrade, I thought I could wait for the upcoming announcement for the new NVIDIA GPU's that would be announced.

That's a huge upgrade over your current setup. Also a ton of $. The CPU/board will easily be $1100ish plus RAM choice. Have an X470 I plan to swap my current 2700X for Ryzen 9 3900X at launch. Case is to small for cooling the 16-core for me, lol. Anyways, what games are you playing that you are looking at GPU, which Turing refresh option?

No worries. Half of my last post was for my own setup. I'm referring to your GPU. Is your current one fast enough for your needs in games you play? What kinds of games are you playing? The upcoming Nvidia announcement is referring to "Super" is said to be about new version of 2060, 2070, and 2080.

Jun 16, 2019
My current one is fast enough for the games I play and is able to use NVENC at the same time while staying at 4k60FPS. It's just the stream quality that dies depending on some games. From all the info I got from viewing previous posts and all of that, it seems that my CPU is bottle necking my GPU

Still overkill for that as well, Haha. My Oculus collects dust. Found out I get sick quickly after buying one. Plus screendoor effect. I'd consider saving some $ and go for 3900X instead. Might go better towards getting 32GB RAM instead of 16GB. For modern high-end games, 16GB is recommended for play, let alone streaming.

Jun 16, 2019
That was another thing I was going to ask once the new Ryzens were out and had benchmarks. Still, the fact that it's going to be an overkill now means that it'll be of great value for longer too

Ponckenzy

Prominent
May 23, 2019
I’m not to sure if this is the correct thread or not but the solution I think of is mostly close to the CPU section of the forums. Not too long ago, I discovered that my streams were having a bit of issues with some games, while for other players have no problem. I was wondering what the issue could’ve been and saw that they all had better CPU’s and I was asking myself if this was something that I needed to upgrade or if it was something else that caused the issues.
Current Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-4790
GPU: GTX 1080
RAM: DDR3 1600
There is some bottleneck upgrade ur cpu or at least make it a (k) cpu so u can over clock and upgrade that ram it’s outdated