Build Advice What should I upgrade?

Jul 18, 2019
This is my current build:
i5-9400f
Gigabyte 1050 ti
MSI z390 tomahawk
16gb Corsair LPX
650W PSU

I was in a bit of a money struggle when I made this build as my previous pc died on me and I tried to have the best upgradability I could and now I got about €600 to upgrade it I'm looking into upgrading either my CPU or GPU because those are the only components I really feel any struggle with, now I want the best performance possible so I don't really want to go both CPU and GPU right now but instead do one so in a couple months I can upgrade the other, now I'm asking you guys, should I go for CPU or GPU upgrade and what should I buy in that case?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
What resolution do you play your games on, generally?

Can you give us the manufacturer and model number of the monitor? I can tell you right now that NO video card is going to be able to play the latest games maxed out on a 4K screen at anything close to 144fps.

An RTX 2080Ti can manage it at 60fps.

WildCard999

Titan
It is a coolermaster masterwatt 650 and the monitor I'm using has a 4k 144Hz panel
I'd replace the PSU before getting a better GPU.

This combo would work well but it's not going to give you 144 FPS on 4K unless you playing some lower spec games or older titles.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card (€560.02 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€92.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €653.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-18 19:48 CEST+0200