[SOLVED] What should I upgrade?

Solution
You can't overclock on that H series chipset board. I'm wondering if you should even invest on a new Z series (Z170/Z270) chipset board to enable you to overclock. You also forgot to mention how much you actually have to spend on your upgrade(s).

SSD is the only thing that comes to mind. Without going crazy on parts. Ram would also need an upgrade if going with Z series chipset.

Lutfij

Titan
You can't overclock on that H series chipset board. I'm wondering if you should even invest on a new Z series (Z170/Z270) chipset board to enable you to overclock. You also forgot to mention how much you actually have to spend on your upgrade(s).

SSD is the only thing that comes to mind. Without going crazy on parts. Ram would also need an upgrade if going with Z series chipset.

Solution

MrBucketHead

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019

I have a small ssd to run the os I forgot to put on the list. Good suggestion with the board. As for budget around 300 dollars is where I'm at right now

MrBucketHead

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019

So do you think a motherboard and going to 16 gb of new ram would be better then a straight gpu or cpu upgrade? I honestly don't know a whole lot about pcs, I bough this pc on craiglist used and I'm pretty happy with it right now I'm just concerned It wont be able to keep up with modern games standards for too much longer

TRENDING THREADS