[SOLVED] What should I upgrade?

Potaattomuusi

Reputable
Oct 30, 2019
I have a r5 1600, b350-f board, 4x4gb 2666mhz sticks of ram (I know it's bit slow) and a strix 1070 8gb graphics card.
I play Rainbow six siege, Battlefields and War Thunder in 1080p but I'm going to get Rdr2 and Dying Light 2 when they come out.
I have been looking to get a r5 3600 or a used rtx 2070 super because I could get a good deal on that but I'm open to other suggestions.

Solution
I would think you can get 60 fps @ 1080p on ultra now on just about all games.
I think that at 1080p......the only thing you are going to get more of (with an upgrade) is FPS.

Although, of the two things you mentioned.....I'd go for the RTX 2070 because your CPU is powerful enough for it.

I don't think the r5 3600 is going to get you a lot as your CPU is already pretty fast.
I would think you can get 60 fps @ 1080p on ultra now on just about all games.
I think that at 1080p......the only thing you are going to get more of (with an upgrade) is FPS.

Although, of the two things you mentioned.....I'd go for the RTX 2070 because your CPU is powerful enough for it.

I don't think the r5 3600 is going to get you a lot as your CPU is already pretty fast.

Reactions: Potaattomuusi
Solution

Potaattomuusi

Reputable
Oct 30, 2019
Yeah, I'm mostly wanting for more FPS but would like to get a 1440p monitor someday. Most of my games are running about 90fps on ultra/high setting except Battlefield V.

Should I consider buying faster ram or do you think my existing one is good enough. What about waiting for new graphics card release? Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I'm mostly wanting for more FPS but would like to get a 1440p monitor someday. Most of my games are running about 90fps on ultra/high setting except Battlefield V.

Should I consider buying faster ram or do you think my existing one is good enough. What about waiting for new graphics card release? Thanks for the advice!
If you are going to get a 1440p monitor.....then I wouldn't be concerned about getting a GPU that is overkill for 1080p because you will need it with 1440p.

....and personally I think the RAM is plenty fast.

....and if it were me.....I wouldn't wait for the next release....as we don't have much of a clue about the next release.....and there are a bunch of great cards out there right now.