Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
What components should i upgrade?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb SSC

Motherboard: ASUSTeK H110-Plus

RAM: A-Data Tecknology DDR4 2400 Mhz 16GB total

Case: (It was a prebuilt at first, before i added some upgrades, it has a iBuyPower case that is really annoying because it has a nonremovable PSU shroud, etc, I honestly want a new case, give me suggestions on a good cheap case.)

PSU: Allied 500W https://www.ebay.com/itm/Allied-SL-...192036?hash=item4d9f7c1924:g:rx8AAOSwWl5dsw-k

Leave questions if you need more detailed information.

Last edited:
Solution
Just some explanation on why the PSU needs to go first thing.

First, Allied is a rather pathetic brand that is not known for making decent PSUs. Its known for quite the opposite.
Looking at the Ebay listing, the PSU has 372w on the 12v rails combined. This makes this more like a 400w PSU. Also, this PSU has no 80+ certification at all.

Replacement really depends on what you want to spend and upgrade in the system.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Case | NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case | $69.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply | Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | $59.99 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total |...

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
What issues are you having that makes you want to upgrade?

What do you use this PC for?
I use it for gaming, I want to upgrade because its not giving me the performance I hope, the CPU and GPU are good, I'm thinking about upgrading the RAM, PSU, or case but idk what i should upgrade them too, I found out what PSU I have and i listed it.

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
I mainly want to get a new case because this darn case that they prebuilt it with is trash on many different levels, and it is so inconvenient to work with.

Last edited:
First, you will want a new PSU before doing anything else. Gaming prebuilts usually cheap out here, and you PC is no exception.
Then if you want a new case you can do that.
The i7 7700 holds up pretty well in 2019, so I would swap out GPU next.

What is your budget.

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
First, you will want a new PSU before doing anything else. Gaming prebuilts usually cheap out here, and you PC is no exception.
Then if you want a new case you can do that.
The i7 7700 holds up pretty well in 2019, so I would swap out GPU next.

What is your budget.
got any recommendations on what i should upgrade my psu to?

First, Allied is a rather pathetic brand that is not known for making decent PSUs. Its known for quite the opposite.
Looking at the Ebay listing, the PSU has 372w on the 12v rails combined. This makes this more like a 400w PSU. Also, this PSU has no 80+ certification at all.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Power Supply | Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | $59.99 @ Amazon
| Total | $129.97
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-10 19:25 EST-0500 |

Here is a good PSU and case. GPU depends on what is left in your budget.

Also, if you lack an SSD, get one.

Solution

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
| Total | $129.97
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-10 19:25 EST-0500 |

Here is a good PSU and case. GPU depends on what is left in your budget.

Also, if you lack an SSD, get one.
do you think the 550 watt would be enough for me? I literally use all the usb ports on my pc with an additional 4 on a usb strip, and I have like 3 things that stay on even when my pc is off.

No. all you need to do is pull on most connectors and they come out. Then push them back in.
The 24pin can take some wiggling to take it out.

Connectors are designed to only plug into the appropriate port on your GPU/mobo/ssd or whatever. Just dont force anything.

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
No. all you need to do is pull on most connectors and they come out. Then push them back in.
The 24pin can take some wiggling to take it out.

Connectors are designed to only plug into the appropriate port on your GPU/mobo/ssd or whatever. Just dont force anything.
Well, looking at my Psu, theres this little connecter with 4 open gaps which looks like 2 wires are soldered in to.