[SOLVED] what should I upgrade?

Apr 25, 2020
Current rig:
i7-8700
RTX 2070
32GB RAM @ 2666mhtz
1TB primary drive WD Blue SSD
1.5TB worth of storage drives (1TB HDD, 500GB SSD)
MSI B360 Bazooka motherboard
triple Dell S2716DGR G-Sync monitors

PC is primarily used for gaming - Doom Eternal, Team Fortress, GTAV, Civ 6 - pretty much all over the place. Since I've invested a crap load in the monitors, I always want max settings and 144FPS (max refresh on the monitors). Doom Eternal's my current go to, and I'm getting 110-120 FPS in the largest battles. The new MS Flight Sim is coming out at some point, and I want to run that on max settings as well.

I'm not really interested in overclocking either the CPU or GPU. While this is primarily my gaming rig, my wife will jump on for online shopping, I pay the bills on it, and my son will use it for school occasionally (thanks 'Rona). It needs to be bombproof and not require tweaking for each user/application.

Thinking an RTX 2080 super/Ti might be the best upgrade - any suggestions? TIA

Solution
while those will be the best upgrade, That is a totally good current gen pc, so i would suggest waiting for the next gen nividia gpus or big navi.
both are rumoured to be out by around september.
Apr 25, 2020
while those will be the best upgrade, That is a totally good current gen pc, so i would suggest waiting for the next gen nividia gpus or big navi.
both are rumoured to be out by around september.

found my upgrade - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB drive. make that the primary drive and the userbenchmark.com ratings jump from 97% to 106% - gaming, 87% to 128% desktop, and 78% to 102% workstation. Probably won't get me much more FPS, but should drastically reduce boot/load times all around

found my upgrade - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB drive. make that the primary drive and the userbenchmark.com ratings jump from 97% to 106% - gaming, 87% to 128% desktop, and 78% to 102% workstation. Probably won't get me much more FPS, but should drastically reduce boot/load times all around
It won't.
userbenchmark is kind of a bad website. use it only for general purpose comparisons.
getting an nvme drive wont make your pc feel even a little bit faster.
its like 1 second off from a normal sata drives.