[SOLVED] What should I upgrade?

Jun 12, 2021
So I have an old hp dc7800 ssf with a core 2 duo 2.33ghz with intel acceleration 3100 integrated gpu and 2 gigs of ram which I used when I was a kid and then I left it in the storage for 5 years yesterday I dusted it off and did a fresh install of windows and installed the drivers. But the issue is that it lags while playing 60fps youtube videos so my question is should I install a cheap gpu like a r5 240 or gt 730 or upgrade my cpu to a core 2 quad I only need it for streaming youtube videos.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Upgrade everything, lol. Sorry, jokes aside. If only for youtube you only need a gpu. Even a gt 710 or even something as old as a gts 250 would do. It should solve the lagging.

cpu wont do much for youtube, you could get an ssd if you want it to be a bit faster on bootup or more ram but gpu should do the trick.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Upgrade everything, lol. Sorry, jokes aside. If only for youtube you only need a gpu. Even a gt 710 or even something as old as a gts 250 would do. It should solve the lagging.

cpu wont do much for youtube, you could get an ssd if you want it to be a bit faster on bootup or more ram but gpu should do the trick.

Jun 12, 2021

Thanks a lot I'll go buy a 10-20$ gpu and hopefully that'll solve the problem as my only requirement from this pc is YouTube streaming
My cpu utilization is 100% on youtube hopefully that will not cause any problems.

Jun 12, 2021
A Core2Duo is not going to be adequate anymore, and those SFF machines aren't going to be very upgradeable. It's better to buy a newer machine than to try to upgrade.
Well my only requirement is youtube so it should good enough for that if not I'll just drop a core 2 quad in it
The one I have actually has support upto a q9550
I already have a main system I just need something to play youtube and be able to make excel sheets in my other room

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS