Question what should I use for audio output?

jsamplonius

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
I have a behringer UM2 (https://www.amazon.ca/Behringer-UM2-Audio-Interface/dp/B00EK1OTZC) for mic input and recently found the headphone output to be very good. I also have a senheisser gsx 1000 and was using that for over a year before trying the other amp. my question is should i use the GSX as it has 7.1 surround or the UM2 and sonic? also i am wondering does the 7.1 work for games and music for both devices or does the program output need to have surround settings for either virtualization to work?

jsamplonius

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
The Sennheiser does virtual upmixing. The Behringer is stereo output. So 7.1(virtual)audio is only possible on the Sennheiser amp. Mind sharing your audio equipment with us?
I only have the above mentioned equipment that being a neewer nw-700 mic that goes into the behringer u-phoria um2 and into my PC. then i have the choice of using the behringer for the audio out, which i find to sound better overall, or the sennheiser GSX 1000. i use sennheiser HD559 for headphones.
And if i understand you correctly the only way to get 7.1 (virtual) audio output is through the gsx 1000. that is unless a program has the option for surround at which point sonic would work?