[SOLVED] What should i wait for?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, it's time for my "old" RX 5700 XT to be refunded to claim the warranty (it's running too hot on the VRAM) and i asked the tech support from the store and they said i can refund it (i have until 2021 to do so). The thing is, i have upgraded my PC except for the GPU which i will be doing when the new GPUS come out.

As many of you may know, the new RTX will release soon but i am not a huge fan of nvidia nowadays (basically because all of the cards i've got from them didn't work as expected, at least for me).

The questions are the following. Should i wait for the new RDNA gpus? If i choose to go to the new RTX, or let's say i wait for the new AMD gpu's to come out, will my power supply be enough for any team i choose? I know it's early to ask this when there are no benchmarks yet. I would appreciate your opinions, also the choice of "keeping my current gpu" is still available, but i will still refund it and buy a new one if i decide to keep with it.

Thank you guys in advance.

EDIT: If you ask for the budget i'd spend on it, i would go on the RTX 3080 price (maybe a little bit higher if i have to) but not more than that.

Solution
Each generation of GPU increases the performance you get per watt of power usage. So technically a new RDNA GPU will offer a higher performance limit for what your PSU can push.

A RM750W will drive an RTX3090. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I was of the impression that the Sapphire Pulse was mid-high end for all 5700XT coolers.
Each generation of GPU increases the performance you get per watt of power usage. So technically a new RDNA GPU will offer a higher performance limit for what your PSU can push.

A RM750W will drive an RTX3090. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I was of the impression that the Sapphire Pulse was mid-high end for all 5700XT coolers.

Reactions: rochismo
Solution